Windows 7 The Longest Problem I have ever created in my life.

JaxDrumm

Okay, where to start...

I start off here.

February 10th, 2014
I try to take the side off of my tower, and end up screwing something up. My dad is extremely handy and puts all of the screws back perfectly. However, when I log on, I get the "The RPC Server is Unavailable" error. However, Windows Aero works perfectly, and I just ignore it.

March 3rd, 2014
I add a password to prevent my brother breaking onto my computer at night, and forget it before afternoon. (I have a serious memory problem.), and I try downloading the Pogostick Offline Windows Password Resetter.

March 15th, 2014.

I get the error when trying to delete my password:
The password seems empty, try inputting no password?
I attempt that with no success. I must resort to the CMD hacking process.

For those who don't know, this is where you turn off your computer while it is booting up, select "Fix Bootup errors" and open up notepad and rename CMD to Utilman, so that when you click on the help on the bottom right for the login screen, it opens the Administrive Account for CMD. However, something I should have mentioned was I use the Administrator account for regular use, ie Playing Minecraft. And when I log back on, everything is normal, except for when I try to log on tomorrow...

March 16th, 2014

I try to login to my Administrator account, and it simply says "The RPC Server is unavailable", then takes me back to the users list, followed by the computer booting up 3-10 times, until I wait long enough for it to be the "right one" for me to log into.

Present Day
The problem is better, it only lasts 2-5 times now, but the computer has since crashed twice due to a loose plug, and corrupted the Administrator account, forcing me to delete it.

So the summary is: How am I to stop it from booting up so many times?

Kind Regards, JaxDrumm

At this stage of the game you should probably consider doing an inplace upgrade / repair.
You'll likely need installation media that has SP1 integrated already which you can get from here http://techdows.com/2011/07/downloa...h-sp1-iso-official-direct-download-links.html be sure and grab the proper ISO file that fits your particular (valid and authentic) installation / COA Product Key and your bit architecture (x86 32 bit or x64 64 bit). Create installation media (DVD or USB Thumb Drive) and when the machine is booted properly just run setup and choose install now and then Upgrade......
After reading this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099
Good luck and keep us posted.

It's not actually a "re-install" it's more or less a pretend upgrade which works well in getting critical system files and other bits and pieces back where they belong.
It's generally non-destructive and everything should pretty much just work after it's completed. It does take as long if not longer than a complete clean install but it can be worth the bother.
You'll have to enter a valid product key at the end of the process and activate windows again so make sure you have the proper COA Product Key on hand.
But it saves you from reinstalling all your programs and drivers and stuff so you may find that it's worth it to you.
OH.... and you'll have to re-do all the windows updates since SP1 but... small price.
Just did one last night on a friends machine and it went well. His start menu was practically empty and the MS Installer service was mucked up and various other little pieces. Now everything seems to be fine.

Bump. Bumpity Bump. Yo, start talking, people!
People here do talk, but we're all volunteers, and I don't know that anyone would get a paycheck...

I agree with Trouble, although I'm more in the line to total re-install. Very often, the big job is faster than trying fixes. Important is, have your personal stuff in another partition or disk than your C for Windows - that way you can re-install Windows without any effects on your personals.

Back
Top Bottom