Windows 10 The screen is over scanned (zoomed in) when I use the hdmi port

Jack McKenna

I like to watch some shows online from my laptop, but I like to display it on my tv. Ever since the windows 10 update, everytime I display on my tv via the hdmi port, It doesn't display the whole screen, it's only zoomed in about 105-110% but it's still enough to keep me from controlling the videos when I'm full screen.

I already looked at all the display settings, and I can't modify how zoomed in the screen is on my end. It's a glitch with the windows 10 update

Hi

Is the resolution for the TV set to 1920 by 1080, or what ever is appropriate for your TV, in video settings?

Mike

Hi

I'm afraid I don't have any ideas.

I just tried it myself, and I have the same problem.
The image on my TV is larger then the image on my monitor, so only the top of the Windows Task Bar is visible on the TV.

I have my Monitor and TV set to duplicate so do all of the input on my computer not the TV.

This isn't a big problem for me, as about the only thing I do is watch movies from my computer on my TV occasionally.
The small amount that's cut off isn't noticeable in the movies.

I spent some time looking for someplace in my Nvidia Control Panel to find a way to fine tune the size but didn't come up with anything, and the Windows settings don't even detect the second input unless I go to my Nvidia Control Panel and do it from there.

Sorry I couldn't be more help but it seems that I have the same issue.

I'm pretty sure that I didn't have this problem to the same extent in previous versions of Windows.

This is what I see...

TV%20Screen_zpse9z9mnnr.jpg

Mike

Back
Top Bottom