Windows 10 This app won't run on your PC?

This app won't run on your pc as it is instaled and the icon has been whited out.This includes several 3000 gb of files that will take weeks to redownload them all.How do i get them back with all icons/

Hi Age,
can you expand a little more on your issue please.

This app won't run on your pc as it is instaled
Which app won't run because it's installed? Have you tried removing said app and re-installing?

This includes several 3000 gb of files
Several lot's of 3terabytes of data is a hell of a lot. Where exactly is this data held?

Have you considered using system restore and going back to a time before the issue occurred?
Recovery options in Windows 10 - Windows Help

Yes, that's a pretty sketch description of the problem there--more information as kemical suggested would be of help to us. Also, what exactly is the Make/Model of the computer you are experiencing this problem on?:confused:

<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

I tried system looking at videos but couldn't understand it about system restore.It is called programs as they are called in computing my games and nvidea exprience .I tied installing a new driver and would not work and said there is no hardware when infact there is.I am have to reinstall or repair my games.

It doesn't mater of the make of the computer as the PC has nothing to do with.It is the OS not the hardware that is the problem.

I would say that W 10 is more for the social types not a gaming OS which XP and 7 were.There a lot of other issues like when I launch FF and it ask if I want a default browser all the time and box poping up saying settings.

.There a lot of other issues like when I launch FF and it ask if I want a default browser all the time and box poping up saying settings.
Try setting the default apps in your settings:
default apps.jpg

I tied installing a new driver and would not work and said there is no hardware when infact there is.
Are you sure the driver was compatible? If you post which graphics card you have we'll point you in the right direction.

I tried system looking at videos but couldn't understand it about system restore.I
Windows 10 system restore is off by default so unless you enabled it there won't be any restore points.

Hi,
Is there some reason you cannot tell us the NAME of the misbehaving app or program?

Also, you are incorrect about Hardware not having anything to do with an app type problem. If your RAM, Hard Drive, or Motherboard have developed a problem, they could be causing the app to fail. If you don't believe this is true, ask any local repair shop Computer Tech. I would suggest that you consider testing your hardware components. If you need help with how to do this, post back for detailed instructions. If you don't wish to do this because you don't know how, you could also pay a licensed Computer Tech to do for you.

Once your Hardware has been confirmed ok, you can proceed with other software solutions such as kemical suggested, if you haven't done so. If you do discover faulty hardware, you'll need to first backup all your personal data to external media. Then, proceed with the following remedies in order: (1.) System Restore, (2.) Windows in-place upgrade repair, (3.) Windows reset or reinstall from factory media.

Most folks on this forum are willing to share the specific nature of their problem in order to get free help. I suggest you consider this while contemplating your next reply for help.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Ok.I am having to reinstall everything as I tried to look at how to do system restore.I couldn't understand the video.I don't get that message about default browser anymore.I have 500kbs downloads speed which is all I can afford atm and downloading of files.I am having problem with all of them as they suddenly disappeared when I went to uninstall a program.These are online games which have big clients.I looked in my old folder of Windows 7 and there was nothing in the recovery folder why is that?Whne I even try to download my gpu drivers it fails.

My system is custom built with an intel mobo .E8400 Intel Duel Core Duo.I TB HDD,Nvidea 550 TI Gpu 4 gigs of ram.

Hi Age,
to do a system restore, right click on your Start Icon and from the revealed list choose 'Run'. Type:
sysdm.cpl
click ok and you'll see a system properties box appear. Look for 'system protection' along the top and click that. You should now see your System restore details. All you need to do is click the system Restore button and then choose a date to go back to. My screenshot may help:
sys restore.jpg

If you post the make and model of your motherboard we can check for drivers.

Hi

Be sure not to remove your online games from your computer.
Most online games are self repairing and you can paste them in anyplace and they will setup and make the necessary changes the first time they are run, without having to do a new download and reinstall.

I've been copying my MMO installs from computer to computer for years.
There are a few that don't work this way but pretty much everything I've copied will work.

Mike

They were all removed when I went to uninstall one programs .I had to re download them all very slowly at 500kbs.I am getting this and two games require it to be played.
2ls6wds.jpg

They were all removed when I went to uninstall one programs
Do you mean you uninstalled a program and that caused you to lose all the data and games?

What was the program you removed and how did you remove it?

Hi

I looks like you are installing the wrong driver.
The latest driver is ver. 365.10 it's working fine on my computer in Windows 10.

When you reinstall select the option to remove and replace the driver and do a clean install.

Do you have Nvidia Geforce Experience Installed?

If you don't install it.
If you do have it, have it look for the latest driver.

It will select the correct driver for you GPU.

That's why it would help if we knew your computer stats.

Mike

Last edited:
So what was the program and how did you remove it?
It was Medieval Total War and I used the new settings feature instead or the control panel but when I upgraded all my games said unavailable.I was still able to play them untill I uninstalled that program.They were crossed out in the settings menu of apps.

@holdum333 no need to troll .

when I upgraded all my games said unavailable.I was still able to play them untill I uninstalled that program
Games to me always seem to run a little buggy after an upgrade perhaps the game you removed was connected to the other games in some way?

Back