Windows 7 (this is a test)

Good test, I was gonna try it myself. I figured it pertained to post created after a certain date. Good work and some rep for you

OK, now I have another problem, apparently I cannot thank someone and rep that person in the same post. Easily solved you say, just find another post and rep him there. Nope, says I have to spread the rep around. Sooooo evidently I will have to wait to give that rep, sorry Exp HP.

Haha, thanks. One of the Moderators suggested I make this thread after I proposed the possibility that topic age was a factor.

It does seem to be the case. I could edit this thread to add a prefix, but still not my old one.

EDIT: Post collision. I was responding to Trouble.
EDIT2: Oh wait, the second post is also by him. Durrrrrh.

Last edited:
Thanks Ben:
It works as advertised on the more recent posts, so evidently there is a date factor involved. I still don't understand why when I choose to thank some one it seems to count as rep but does not add to that persons rep factor.

OK, thanks for the info, I'll remember that for future use. Rep first, maybe a thanks after?

OK, now I have another problem, apparently I cannot thank someone and rep that person in the same post. Easily solved you say, just find another post and rep him there. Nope, says I have to spread the rep around. Sooooo evidently I will have to wait to give that rep, sorry Exp HP.

You have to pick your poison. Thanking someone gives them 10 reputation points, therefore you cannot add reputation again.

You have to pick your poison. Thanking someone gives them 10 reputation points, therefore you cannot add reputation again.
Then I'm a bit confused.

Why do I have 4 rep points right now if I have just received 10 (and have not lost any)? Is the thanks-rep reward system broken as well, or is it just that I'm a n00b and don't understand what "Rep Power" is? (which is altogether likely; while I've seen many forums with a rep system like this in place, this is the first such one I've joined )

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, Ben made that point pretty clear and I understand. Besides, I thought you were going to take some well deserved time off for a while.:)

Your reputation power should increase over time, the more you receive reputation.

I found the same thing when I tried to rep you, so there's a workaround.:)

Back