Windows 7 This pages animation doesn't work in W7 compared to XP

StanH

This pages Zoom slider/button doesn't work in W7 like in XP

This page's zoom slider/button doesn't work in W7 like in XP: Link Removed due to 404 Error There is a slider button below the picture that is suppose to zoom the picture as you move the button to the right. It works on my XP Pro computer but not on my new Dell Studio 15 laptop. .... If you get that wonderful page to work you will understand why I want it to work for me. Guidance will be appreciated, .... Stan Hilliard ..... I don't know why my paragraphs run together on this site. Is there a setting that I don't know about?

Last edited:
This page's zoom slider/button doesn't work in W7 like in XP: Cell Size and Scale There is a slider button below the picture that is suppose to zoom the picture as you move the button to the right. It works on my XP Pro computer but not on my new Dell Studio 15 laptop. ....

If you get that wonderful page to work you will understand why I want it to work for me. Guidance will be appreciated, .... Stan Hilliard .....

I don't know why my paragraphs run together on this site. Is there a setting that I don't know about?

that image and zoom use adobe flash player and it works for me with win7 and opera browser using flash player 10, try going here to check your version :)

The picture didn't zoom with either Firefox or IE. I upgraded Adobe flash player and for Firefox and that didn't help. Any other ideas?

Last edited:
ickymay, your quote of my top post shows the separate paragraphs even though the original post displays as one paragraph (on my machine.) Does my top post show the paragraphs separately on your display?

ickymay, your quote of my top post shows the separate paragraphs even though the original post displays as one paragraph (on my machine.) Does my top post show the paragraphs separately on your display?

no I added those paragraphs with the return key to see if it would work , it looks like this paragraphs..JPG in my browser ;)

The picture didn't zoom with either Firefox or IE. I upgraded Adobe flash player and for Firefox and that didn't help. Any other ideas?

right click that animation and check all your flash settings , maybe enable hardware acceleration ?

right click that animation and check all your flash settings , maybe enable hardware acceleration ?

Hardware acceleration was checked. Also, right-click followed by zoom-in and zoom-out works. Of course, the zooming is not continuous as on XP by sliding the button. I discovered that on the W7 PC when I slide the button there are places, a pixel or two wide, where it will zoom in. That happens at about one-inch increments across the screen. Stan Hilliard

no I added those paragraphs with the return key to see if it would work , it looks like this View attachment 5353 in my browser ;)

It looks like your return key works here and mine doesn't. ??? I posted from Firefox, Latest update of Adobe Flash Player 10, Windows XP-Pro. It must be an interaction between my computer and this forum. I can make paragraphs on other forums.

Try opening the site in IE and selecting the "Compatibility" button beside the refresh button in the address bar.
This may help.

Try opening the site in IE and selecting the "Compatibility" button beside the refresh button in the address bar.
This may help.

Thanks, but that didn't work. I tried compatibility mode in IE and it didn't make any difference. Here is my status right now: NEW PARAGRAPH: My posts on this forum show on my screens as all one paragraph. I put a "enter" between paragraphs but I end up all text run together. This is true for both IE and Firefox on both XP and W7 computers. I think it my linefeeds are removed on the way into the forum because I think other see my posts as all one paragraph too. At least ickymay's post above says he had to put his own linefeeds to break up my one paragraph in his quote. Is that true for others? NEW PARAGRAPH: My other problem is with the sliding zoom button (the topic of this thread.) It fails only on my w7 PC. It was not effected by compatibility mode on IE on W7. (The zoom button works correctly in XP -- with Firefox and in either mode with IE.) NEW PARAGRAPH: As a test, I made this "paragraph" with control-enter. If I [preview changes] the combining occurs and the combined text is put back in the typing textbox. But I can see the paragraph breaks in other peoples posts. Stan Hilliard

Last edited:
I solved the messy paragraphing problem of my post above. It was a matter that my XP computer running Firefox was not compatible with the setting of enhanced editor mode. I described that in another thread.

This may help.
Thanks, but that didn't work. I tried compatibility mode in IE and it didn't make any difference. Here is my status right now:

The sliding zoom button fails only on my w7 PC. Both in IE8 and Firefox. The zoom button works correctly in XP on my desktop computer -- with Firefox and in either mode with IE.

Last edited:
Try Link Removed due to 404 Error it comes with paragraphs and everything ;)

This is posted with Opera.

The message editor is set back to enhanced mode.

The paragraphs are supported correctly.

The zoom slider works correctly at Link Removed due to 404 Error.

This is posted with Opera.

The message editor is set back to enhanced mode.

The paragraphs are supported correctly.

The zoom slider works correctly at Link Removed due to 404 Error.

yay , maybe another convert :cool:

Back
Top Bottom