Windows 10 this version of xpress install does not support win98/me gigabyte

shadows

Extraordinary Member
Hello there Windows Forum
As the title says, I'm having quite some issues with my driver CD from Gigabyte.

I recently got installed from Win 7 to Win 10 home edition. Though I have a slight problem installing my motherboard utilities, meaning the CD I have got for my motherboard runs into this problem when I try to enter the utility program "this version of xpress install does not support win98/me gigabyte".
Now I have tried running different options when it comes to "compatible", sadly that makes the Utility to freeze and I have to restart my pc.

I have talked to a good friend of mine about this issue and as he said "if it's not broken, don't try fix it", I do trust that, but I have experienced my temperature in my pc goes way above what it should and I feel that this is the cause of not having installed my drivers for my motherboard. I have cleaned out for dust and put new thermal paste on my CPU just in case.

How do I install my drivers, without doing something called "Flashing" which I have no clue in doing so and I will probably break something.
It's driving me insane that I can't use my Gigabyte driver CD anymore since it's old as f*ck now and basically I'm running with an ancient PC, even though there is no need for an upgrade.

PC Specs:
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM
12,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P67A-D3-B3 (Socket 1155)

Graphics
SA300/SA350 (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EARX-00N0YB0 ATA Device (SATA )
111GB KINGSTON SA400S37120G ATA Device (SATA-2 (SSD))

Drivers won't typically affect the CPU temp. I would go to the manufacturer site for drivers. The ones on the CD are probably way out of date anyways.

I saw someone posted somewhere about just going to Gigabyte and download the Utility, but that does require to "burn the image" down or?
This is the Utility I'm seeking
But I'm not sure if it would even work?
1599572581185.png

I have to get some questions answered, if I happend not to install that utility (I see it as a flash bios utility :( )
Is it necessary to have drivers installed for the motherboard or not?
Would it do any damage if not having the motherboard drivers installed even though they do work fine?

It may or may not. The board is pretty old to begin with and wasn't ever tested with Windows 10 nor was the software likely updated to work on 10. It really just depends how the vendor wrote their detection rule. You can run procmon and examine the output, you may be able to trick the software into installing if you can determine what the software is looking at.

I'll give it a go again with the CD and see if I can trick it to install.
If not, well I guess I just have to live with an ancient PC :)
Thank you for the reply, if something pops up I will ofcourse contact you guys again.

Back