Windows XP This will sound stupid but...

coolwalker

(Win XP-Pro 64 Bit w/Nvidia GeForce9800 on Foxxconn MB, 4GB ram)
This will sound stupid, but I am having a problem getting into COD4. Now I'm not a noob to COD...been playing it since the very first game the very first year, but I can't seem to get into COD4. I bought a ket from Blizzard (legit you know) and downloaded the full version. I installed every patch from 1.4 or 5 to 1.7 I believe). The game loads, my key is authorized, the game opens and I can see everything. I can pick my weapon and all that but I can seem to play.

I can see everyone else and toggle thru them but my character just isn't there...it's like perminant spectating when I'm not really spectating. I look at the menu (F4) and I am on a team, but everyone else is in white while my name and everything else on my line is yellow. In CODUO and before you "Clicked to Activate"; on this COD4 I don't see that option, so I sit there like a spectator, not being killed or anything, but doing absolutely nothing.

Doesd anyone know what I can do. I'm not all that convinced I like that game from what I have observed, but after paying for a key and all, I at least want to get to try it...at least once. So, if you know what I am doing wrong, or what is missing, please tell me. Maybe tell me if I am supposed to see come kind of "Click to Start" or something...I don't know because I'm at a loss.

Hi coolwalker,
I don't play the game myself (or haven't yet) but I thought the forums might be some help?

Link Removed - Invalid URL

I checked to see if there was a FAQ or support section but there's not a great deal other than the forum (from what I could see anyway)...

Back
Top Bottom