sinebar

I'm running windows 7 64 bit on a HP Pavilion dv7 lap top. When I am playing call of duty modern warfare 2 the tilde ~ key will not function in game to bring up the console. This seems to be an on going problem with windows vista and windows 7. Can someone please tell me how to get the tilde key to work while in game? I have tried disabling the infared thing in device manager but that doesn't help. Any suggestions?

Solution
To troubleshoot the issue with the tilde (~) key not functioning in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on your Windows 7 64-bit system, you can try the following steps:
### Solutions to Get the Tilde Key Working in Game:
1. Check Keyboard Language Settings:
- Ensure that your keyboard language settings are set correctly. Sometimes, keyboard settings can cause issues with certain keys.
2. Verify Keyboard Functionality:
- Test the tilde key in other applications to make sure it is functioning properly outside of the game.
3. Update Keyboard Drivers:
- Update your laptop's keyboard drivers to the latest version. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause key functionality issues.
4. Check In-Game Key Binding:
To troubleshoot the issue with the tilde (~) key not functioning in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on your Windows 7 64-bit system, you can try the following steps:
### Solutions to Get the Tilde Key Working in Game:
1. Check Keyboard Language Settings:
- Ensure that your keyboard language settings are set correctly. Sometimes, keyboard settings can cause issues with certain keys.
2. Verify Keyboard Functionality:
- Test the tilde key in other applications to make sure it is functioning properly outside of the game.
3. Update Keyboard Drivers:
- Update your laptop's keyboard drivers to the latest version. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause key functionality issues.
4. Check In-Game Key Binding:
- Verify in the game settings that the tilde key is correctly bound to bring up the console. You can reassign the key if needed.
5. Disable Sticky Keys:
- Disable Sticky Keys in Windows as it may interfere with the functionality of certain keys during gameplay.
6. Run Game as Administrator:
- Try running the game as an administrator to ensure that it has the necessary permissions to capture key inputs.
7. Use a Key Remapping Tool:
- Consider using a third-party key remapping tool to assign the tilde key to a different key that works reliably in the game.
8. Update Game Patches:
- Make sure the game is fully patched and up to date. Sometimes, game updates can address keybinding issues.
Try these solutions to see if any of them resolve the problem with the tilde key not working in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. If the issue persists, you may need to explore other troubleshooting options or contact the game's support team for assistance.

Solution