Tooltip Display Time

Yaron

I'm using POP Peeper - Email Notifier.
The tooltip (in the system tray) notifying a new mail appears for hardly a second or two.
How can I increase the display time?

Thank you.

This isn't a Windows feature in itself, as for my knowledge in Windows development, tooltip notification through various Windows libraries, or the .NET framework, the display timeout is specified by the application at runtime in that function call. However, i've never used that program before, so I don't know what settings it has.

LOL. What is your Email client? Some have their own notification method.

LOL. What is your Email client? Some have their own notification method.

I'm using POP Peeper - Email Notifier.
The tooltip (in the system tray) notifying a new mail appears for hardly a second or two.
How can I increase the display time?

Thank you.

It's in there, in the first post :surprised: Not a full blown email client (it's just a notification program), but the issue doesn't reside within the/an email client (if he even uses one, because that would be a different program; different process running on his machine entirely). I strongly believe that it's this program he's using for the notification. The notifications are invoked by this notification program, so this would be the issue in my mind.

POP Peeper website I found: POP Peeper - Email Notification

Although i've never used this before, and I don't feel like downloading it because I use Outlook. I've also never even heard of the program, so I can't say anything about it.

Last edited:
It's in there, in the first post :surprised: Not a full blown email client (it's just a notification program), but the issue doesn't reside within the/an email client (if he even uses one, because that would be a different program; different process running on his machine entirely). I strongly believe that it's this program he's using for the notification. The notifications are invoked by this notification program, so this would be the issue in my mind.

POP Peeper website I found: POP Peeper - Email Notification

Although i've never used this before, and I don't feel like downloading it because I use Outlook. I've also never even heard of the program, so I can't say anything about it.

Thanks again.

Pop peeper has to been configured to pick up email from known Email clients or from the server direct.

Yaron. I don't have the program, but in the options, there is one, I believe, where you can download different notification icons and alarms from pop peepers home page. Maybe there is something in there which will help?

Thank you.

I've tried different notification styles, but I prefer the basic tooltip.
I just thought there might be some tool to tweak the display time in Win 7.

Pop peeper has to been configured to pick up email from known Email clients or from the server direct.

Yaron. I don't have the program, but in the options, there is one, I believe, where you can download different notification icons and alarms from pop peepers home page. Maybe there is something in there which will help?

Even so, if the notification gets displayed, the data has already been received, so the timeout for that notification is all based on the notification program itself. I'm about 99.9% sure that it's configurability from the program that needs to be played with.

Well, unfortunately I couldn't find any relevant option in Pop Peeper.

I appreciate your help.

Well, unfortunately I couldn't find any relevant option in Pop Peeper.

I appreciate your help.

I someone else here doesn't have relevant information as to how POP Peeper functions, perhaps you could try their official forums for direct support: POP Peeper ? Index page

That's what I would try. If it does happen to be using some default timeout specified somewhere in the Windows registry, then that is a different matter. Some programs make settings written to the Windows registry as well, and perhaps that's where the delay comes in for how long a notification is displayed before it is closed.

I don't have any of this information off the top of my head though, as I have never heard about POP Peeper before I read this thread.

~Ace

I posted the question in Pop Peeper's Forum, didn't get an answer, and tried my luck here. :)

I appreciate your perseverance. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom