Toshiba Laptop repairs

Sonny

Excellent Member
I have not messed with laptops much except for doing clean installs on the OS's. I am having one given to me tomorrow and they tell me the screen needs to be replaced.

They tell me when they turn it on all they get is a black screen. I am wondering if maybe the hard drive may be what is bad. I have no experience at what the problem may be.

If it is the screen being bad. My question is are they expensive to replace and how complicated would it be to replace one. Thinking this one might be worth fixing.

The OS is a Windows 7 Professional.

You can install a new hdd in the laptop and check...it's possible that the hdd is bad and causing the issue.

If it is indeed the screen that is going bad and depending on the age of the laptop, it will probably cost more to fix it, apposed to buying a new one.

I've got two sitting here, one with a bad hdd and the other...well it won't power on at all....I use them as guinea pigs for dissection.

Thank you, I do have an extra hdd from my other Toshiba. I will try that.

If the screen is bad, would it work if connected to my desktop monitor?

Not sure but I thought they said it was About 6 years old.

If it could connect and work with my desktop monitor it would give me a toy to play with that wouldn't matter if I totally messed it up. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
If the screen is bad, would it work if connected to my desktop monitor?

Yes...you sure can...I'd completely forgot about that option. At least that way you can still play around with it. It may be worth picking up same RAM and maxing it out, depending on cost of course. Do you know what make and exact model laptop and what OS it's running currently?

Yes...you sure can...I'd completely forgot about that option. At least that way you can still play around with it. It may be worth picking up same RAM and maxing it out, depending on cost of course. Do you know what make and exact model laptop and what OS it's running currently?

I am guessing it is a Toshiba Satallite. The operating system is Windows 7 Professional. That is about all I know right now. They are suppose to bring it over tomorrow.

Back