Windows 7 Transfer e-mails & other data to Microsoft Thunderbird (windows)

James Belson

I am trying to transfer emails from mac mail to microsoft thunderbird in windows pc. Its not the first time I am trying to import emails from mac mail to thunderbird. Earlier it was a smooth transfer but this time the import is not functiong the way it did. I have few thousand emails that I need to transfer to thunderbird, among those emails therea re some very important emails that contain some attachments that are in few mega-bites. So how can I transfer all these emails from mac mail to thunderbird without harming these attachments?

Apple’s mbox files are non standard mbox files. Thunderbird cannot import these. Only Apple Mail can read these .mbox files.

The easiest way is to have Thunderbird simply import from Apple Mail. It’s unclear what happened when you selected the import directly from Apple Mail.

Or you can go for application use. There are a lot of third party tools which deal in mail migration issues. One such application having expertise in migrating emails from apple mail to thunderbird is Mail Exporter Pro. Have a look at the following link:- http://mailexporterpro.com/export-emails-apple-mail-to-thunderbird.html

I would like to know how did you transfer you emails earlier?

Depending on the size of the data to be moved, IMAP would be the best option if it's not too big. Otherwise, you would need to convert the Apple mbox files to a format that Outlook can import. Mail Exporter Pro is a good option and not too expensive.

May be you are restricted by the size of the emails you are trying to transfer. Its just a compatibility issue that cannot be solved.
GO for the converter option. Thanks

Apple’s mbox files are non standard mbox files. Thunderbird cannot import these. Only Apple Mail can read these .mbox files.

The easiest way is to have Thunderbird simply import from Apple Mail. It’s unclear what happened when you selected the import directly from Apple Mail.

Or you can go for application use. There are a lot of third party tools which deal in mail migration issues. One such application having expertise in migrating emails from apple mail to thunderbird is Mail Exporter Pro. Have a look at the following link:- http://mailexporterpro.com/export-emails-apple-mail-to-thunderbird.html
Mail exporter pro :up:

Back
Top Bottom