Windows 7 trash can is too full

TALLY

I have sort of a weird problem. I was clearing out my Temp folder in my AppData folder and I kind of got carried away. Before I knew it, I had over 60,000 objects in my recycle bin. I have a decent computer with 4 GB of RAM, but every time I try to recycle, windows explorer freezes. Ive tried deleting the files by the 1000, but there has to be another way.

So, my question is, is there a way for me to delete all 60,000 files from my recycle bin at once?

Have you tried right clicking the recycle bin and choosing "empty recycle bin"
Hope there's nothing important in there.:)

Yeah, my mouse just turns into the little waiting symbol and then an option to end process comes up.

You may be able to use some third party programs, which have as a part of their processes, cleaning the recycle bin.
I believe Ccleaner as well as ATF cleaner by atribune, both will do this. There may be and probably are quite a few others.

If still no joy
Click start orb, all programs, accessories, right click command prompt and choose run as administrator
type cd\ and hit enter
at the C:> prompt type rd /s c:\$recycle.bin and hit enter
you should then be challenged with a "Are you sure <Y/N> type Y and hit enter
you may have to reboot or refresh your desktop, I didn't but it won't hurt
see if that helps

For some reason command prompt isnt in my Accessories folder anymore and when I search for it, its not there. Do you know another place it might be?

Oh yeah, I accidentally deleted my Administrative Tools, so if it is in there, it is gone. BTW do you know where I can download my windows 7 admn tools again? I really dont want to use my bootdisk.

LOL I cant believe I forgot how to bring up a command prompt. Its been a long day. Thanks a million for the help. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom