Windows 7 Trouble Playing Games

ViperMM

I have been having trouble with my new laptop it is a Dell Inspiron 1318. It has a Intel Graphics card (My problem). I was able to play These games on it in Win7's Beta but now that I have the full version I am having trouble.ALL of my games don't work. They don't even display an error. I have updated my Graphics Card and DirectX. To no avail. The Win7 Beta I was using was 32-bit and my full version is 64-bit... Could that have anything to do with why it worked then when I upgraded it stopped?? I was wondering if there were some settings I could tinker with somewhere... I have already tried compatibility mode... Any help is appreciated...:confused:

Hi ViperMM,

could it be that the games don't run in 64bit? Which games are they?

Oh just in case we don't find an answer here is a link to the Dell forum...

Link Removed due to 404 Error

The Games are:
Halo
Fable: TLC
GTA: Vice City
GTA: San Andreas
Unreal Tournament
Doom 3
Need for Speed Underground 2

Last edited:
Oh right.... So they should run no problem... weird..

So what exactly happens when you try and run a game? Also have you tried a different graphics driver?

Oh right.... So they should run no problem... weird..

So what exactly happens when you try and run a game? Also have you tried a different graphics driver?
I don't even get an error...... They just load the process into memory then it unloads itself........

I tried a driver from Intel but it gives an error saying it needs one from Dell.... So I load the one from Dell, and It installs ok but, It still won't load the games.....

Have you run a virus scan? I just wonder if you've picked up a bug somewhere? (sorry clutching at straws here lol)

Back