Windows 7 trouble with disc drive!

Velmurti

my system is new of 4 months old! i use lg disc drive. its reading cd's but not dvd's i dont know what to do!!! please help me!!
i use windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
4gb ram
500 gb harddisk

if you could post the exact model number of the LG optical drive (listed in Win7 device manager) that would be most helpful.....

I had the same issue a few years back, there are different laser on some makes of drives for reading disks. Mine read CDs fine but would not read DVDs. A new drive solved my issue, not saying that is what your problem is but just to give you antoher idea of what could be wrong.

my system is new of 4 months old! i use lg disc drive. its reading cd's but not dvd's i dont know what to do!!! please help me!!
i use windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
4gb ram
500 gb harddisk

you have two choices, check the manufacturers website for a firmware update or (this is perhaps your main consideration) if the machine is only 4months old and under warranty take it back and get them to deal with it.

its reading cd's but not dvd's
What kind of DVDs? DVD movies from the store? Or DVDs you burned?

Did that drive ever read those same DVDs?

if the machine is only 4months old and under warranty take it back and get them to deal with it.
I agree. You don't want to jeopardize your warranty by swapping out parts - just yet.

Back