Windows 7 Trouble with mouse in windows 7

maggag

Good day to all of you,
Last week i install windows 7 ( 32 bits ) on a hp computer.Download was ok. since the second restart, it start to have a trouble. the mouse left button don't work properly ( impossible to clic object ). i can access program using the keyboard but the mouse don't work either. the right button is ok but i'm unable to left click on any fonction and if do, the fonctiun is jam.the start button is unaccessable until oi open the task manager, then it start to work ok for a moment then strart jammin again.

i change the graphic card to upgrade to Geforce 8400 but didn't chabge anything.

Anybody as suggestion ?????

any help will be accept !!!

Thanks

Hi maggag,
do you know the name of the manufacturer of the mouse? If so, you could check the website and see if there are any firmware updates or updated drivers..
(you could also try the mouse in a different USB slot)

If that's not an option, check out the screenshot and try adjusting the settings shown..

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hi, I have the similar problem to yours. Left click doesn't works in certain cases. I can open icons from desktop but right click doesn't works inside programs. It seems like the actual program/window could lost its focus when I click on it with left click.

Hi,
as I said to the OP is your mouse missing any drivers or is it just a generic mouse?

I have a labtec mouse but I tried a HP and a Genius mouse also. I've installed drivers but the problem is coming sometimes. Nowadays my solution is restarting my computer 2 or 3 times while my mouse is working. I'm frustrating about this. I have win7 x64.

Hi,
thanks for posting. I've read some pages at labtec.com about mouse problems but I didn't find a similar problem there.
Today I have to restarted 5 times my computer (bought it 3 weeks before) to work mouse well. I tried to changes all usb ports (mouse doesn't have PS/2 port) and mouses but :-(.
After 5th restart working well.
My mouse driver version is 6.1.7600.16385, could you check what is yours version?
thanks

See if there is any 'firmware updates' on the manufacturers website..

Back
Top Bottom