Windows 7 Troubles Suspending Windows

Lutra

Recently I've been having problems suspending Windows 7 and I cannot figure out why. There are several cases I encounter. First when I set it to S1 mode, the computer will enter suspend, however the fans and LEDs will all be on. I have checked all my hardware and unchecked all the boxes to allow any device to resume Windows. When I go into Hibernate, the moment the power turns off to the fans and LEDs, the computer powers up and resumes. When I set it to S3 or S1&S3 modes, the computer begins the suspend processes and when power is cut, it resumes immediately.

I am running Windows 7 RC 64-bit with an Asus P5N-EM motherboard. Suspending with S1&S3 mode did work for a little while, however I did not do anything new to my computer between when it worked and when it didn't. It's a mystery to me and I hope somebody can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Yeah, that's why I switched it from S1 to S3 to S1&S3 in the BIOS and tried to suspend the computer in each different mode. Is there something else I should look for in the BIOS?

Looks like you already found the one I was thinking of......bugger!
I tried googling for more clues but the nearest I got was an explanation of each sleep state, which, may prove useful:
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Also after reading through your post again i see that it was working originally and wonder if the files have become corrupt in some way? Enough for it to stop working anyway.. Have you had any blue screens, hard shutdowns or other mishaps which may account for the corruption?
You could try, if possible. 'system restore' and go back to when it was working??

Back