Windows 8 Trying to look at pictures

jdwfinger

With W7 when I wanted to look at pictures I could just click on an album, enlarge it and look at each picture. Now when I click on a picture, the Picture App comes on and maybe one picture will show, I can't look at any other picture or enlarge one. I can't do anything. It is also hard to return to the screen without going through hoops. Even when I try to open pictures on an external method. I can't.
Widows 8 as far as I am concerned is not what I want. Now I can't even uninstall it. Plus when I installed it, it erased all my previous files.
What can I do to see pictures like before in Windows 7?
Thank you.

Don't have your problem.
I just open my photos app and have three choices, Pic Library, Skydrive and that I don't use.. open my pic library and they all come up in the folders that they were always nice and pretty and large app type files. just open the one you want and look at your pics..

can't imagine what your problem is..

Don't have your problem.
I just open my photos app and have three choices, Pic Library, Skydrive and that I don't use.. open my pic library and they all come up in the folders that they were always nice and pretty and large app type files. just open the one you want and look at your pics..

can't imagine what your problem is..

Thanks for your reply. I will try that. It is still not as easy as before. Maybe when I figure it out it will be what I want. Thank you

With W7 when I wanted to look at pictures I could just click on an album, enlarge it and look at each picture. Now when I click on a picture, the Picture App comes on and maybe one picture will show, I can't look at any other picture or enlarge one. I can't do anything. It is also hard to return to the screen without going through hoops. Even when I try to open pictures on an external method. I can't.
Widows 8 as far as I am concerned is not what I want. Now I can't even uninstall it. Plus when I installed it, it erased all my previous files.
What can I do to see pictures like before in Windows 7?
Thank you.

Hi,

to look through your libraries whether they contain Music or Pictures can be done in at least two ways. First you can access them by clicking on the 'File Explorer' (was called Windows explorer) located on the Task bar bottom left. Using that will get you access to more or less anywhere on the pc.

The other option is to access the Modern UI menu or Metro screen. Try just clicking on Photo's and it should open full screen with folders displayed along the bottom.
photo.jpg
You may need to set up Facebook pages etc but further options can always be found by using the Charms and clicking on Settings.
settings.jpg

options.jpg
Another tip is, let's say you've got your Photo app open and you need to quickly access the desktop. Just place the cursor top left and you'll see a list appear, in pictorial form, of what's open. Just click on the desktop and you get taken straight there and similarly if you want to go back to the photo app (now that it's open, remember apps have to be open for this to work). Lastly you can also close open app in this list by right clicking and choosing close.

I do open the picture library and when I click on a picture, it goes to the app and everything is not useable. if I uninstall the photo app can I still use the picture library like in Windows 7? Thanks

Hi,

well yes you could I guess. You can access it simply by the File Explorer but I'm interested as to why your app isn't working correctly.

If you press the windows key and then print screen key via the keyboard a folder will appear in your picture library called screenshots. Please take a screenshot of what you find when you first open the Picture app.

Back
Top Bottom