Windows 8 Tutorials and Demos

whs

Extraordinary Member
In the last couple of years I have produced about 70 tutorials and demos. The ones that are still appropriate I gathered (as hyperlinks) in a pdf. I skipped those that are outdated (e.g. a series of 10 videos for Windows 8 Consumer Preview) and those that had gathered dust and were not up-to-date any more.

If you are interested, you can have a look at this Skydrive link. With a pdf enabled browser like Chrome, you can read and operate the hyperlinks directly in the browser. Else right click on the box and download the pdf. Maybe you find something that is useful for you. If you have any questions, let me know.

PS: If you have problems with the sound level of the videos, do this: Check the "Loudness Equalization" box in your Playback device. It is under the 'Enhancements' tab.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have admiration for anyone who has the patience to sit and make out these tutorials, in particular those with movies attached! I have done it from time to time, and the effort to make even one small tutorial accurately, is unbelievable.
I have to confess, whs, that way back in Windows 7 (or was it even Vista?) I discovered that remarkable series of tutorials, on the original site, by yourself and the site owner. (Now including Windows 8). You and Shaun seem to have all the bases covered, so, since then, I have left it to others to do the donkey work.
I take my hat of to you.

Thank you David. Yes, Shawn is the tutorial king of the internet. I have just made a few contributions on subjects that I am interested in. I have no intent to cover all grounds - just the fun subjects.

The biggest problem for the video tutorials is to find a suitable screen capture program. I have the added disadvantage that I run my screen with a 150% DPI - else I see nothing. And at this setting 95% of the available programs do not work.

Back