Unable to configure users to only show locally installed programmes on start menu

WitlessSteve

Hi all,
Forgive me if this has already been asked but I couldn't find it through the search tool.

I'm having an issue with the start menu on a Domain, the server is windows 2008 and has a setting to force a network start menu on all clients. This is causing issues as applications locally installed are not being picked up.

I've disabled the GPO on the server that was publishing this, and rebuilt several affected PCs.
The local user accounts get to see everything perfectly, but logging in as a network user immediately changes the start menu. My question is simply this: Is there a setting I can push out to force local install programmes to be listed on the users start menu and to disregard network pushed start menu settings?

I've checked the GPO settings, walked through the sequence for the application of GPO settings and can't find where the users are being told to only accept the network start menu.
I've changed the start menu setting for computer and users to default the start menu to local install but it doesn't make any difference.

I sure hope you guys can help.

Cheers,
Witless Steve

Back