Windows 8 Unable to Create or Manage User Account in Window 8 64 bit

koool1dude

First of all i was unable to configure my advanced power options, i.e- create new power plan, choose what power button does or closing lid does? I restored the settings & restarted but couldn't solve it.
This is what i get while trying to fix this:-
Capture2.PNG
Somehow, then i thought of creating another admin account and config the settings there, to see if it works out.
But, through Control Panel>User accounts i couldn't manage existing account and neither i am able to create new account.
Capture3.PNG
Another thing i noticed is when i go to PC settings through windows 8 new feature - charm menu, i couldn't find the Users menu.
Untitled.png
Now, these things are not normal at all. I have been googling hours for solution but no fix at all.
So, i just hope to create new thread and seek for solution.
Thanks in advance smart people.

Plz HELP !!!

It would appear from your images that you installation has become corrupt. I noticed in your PC Settings Menu that the Windows Update item is also missing.
This can be the result of any number of things:
An infection due to malware or a virus of some type.
The destruction of components as a result of an overzealous system cleaning by third party software. (Ccleaner, amd cleanup utility and a host of others, including some Security Suites)
Backup critical data files now and then
You can try:
The System File Checker Utility... open an administrative command prompt and type sfc /scannow
A System Restore.... to a point in time prior to the problem first occurring. How to restore, refresh, or reset your PC - Microsoft Windows Help
A System Refresh.... How to restore, refresh, or reset your PC - Microsoft Windows Help
A System Reset... How to restore, refresh, or reset your PC - Microsoft Windows Help
Or finally and honestly most likely a clean install.

EDIT: You may want to give this a try before doing a complete clean install. A pretty good article regarding an In Place Upgrade Repair of Windows 8 is located here and a followup of what worked and what didn't after it was done and how the issues were resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all thank u for ur concern...
I tried the sfc /scannow on command promt and this is what i got :-
Capture.PNG
So what next ?

I don't want to do fresh installation as it takes lots of time and i got lots of data on my laptop.
Plzz suggest some other way to fix it..
Thanx once again

So what next ?

I don't want to do fresh installation as it takes lots of time and i got lots of data on my laptop.
Next? There were "next" options in my initial reply.
Want? Sometimes that just doesn't workout.
I can refer you to a site, where they more or less specialize in the analysis of CBS.logs (among other things) but I can pretty much guess what the ultimate outcome is likely to be.
Sysnative Forums
But if you are concerned about anything going forward taking a lot of time you may as well take this opportunity to brace yourself, because everything going forward is likely to "take a lot of time".

First of all i was unable to configure my advanced power options, i.e- create new power plan, choose what power button does or closing lid does? I restored the settings & restarted but couldn't solve it.
This is what i get while trying to fix this:-
View attachment 1659
Somehow, then i thought of creating another admin account and config the settings there, to see if it works out.
But, through Control Panel>User accounts i couldn't manage existing account and neither i am able to create new account.
View attachment 1660
Another thing i noticed is when i go to PC settings through windows 8 new feature - charm menu, i couldn't find the Users menu.
View attachment 1661
Now, these things are not normal at all. I have been googling hours for solution but no fix at all.
So, i just hope to create new thread and seek for solution.
Thanks in advance smart people.

Plz HELP !!!

Just to add my little bit to Troubles excellent post.

Your installation has got to a point where files have become corrupt or missing. It's got to a point where a simple repair will not suffice, hence the system file checker result. Your best bet is to back up to DVD, or other storage media, what you can and either try a Refresh or a clean install.

You might want to run a utility to repair the image. This has been happening recently after a specific update. The problems you are seeing are probably not the result of this situation, but getting the SFC to complete correctly might help.

Open and administrative command prompt and type the following command. Let it finish and hopefully you will be able to run the SFC with no errors.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Make sure and have a space in front of the /

After following lots of threads on internet, i came at the point of realization that it occurred due to AMD Uninstall utility.. Just few days back before i came in lieu with this problem i had used AMD Uninstall Utility... ....At the moment I feel like Suing AMD

amd cleanup utility
As I mentioned in my original post.
We've seen similar problems here as a result of using those types of third party programs.
Have you considered performing an In Place Upgrade style repair, as I noted in my post above?
Again you should seriously backup all your critical data before attempting any of the repairs suggested.

As I mentioned in my original post. We've seen similar problems here as a result of using those types of third party programs. Have you considered performing an In Place Upgrade style repair, as I noted in my post above? Again you should seriously backup all your critical data before attempting any of the repairs suggested.
I couldn't do the Upgrade repair as mentioned in the post, since window 8 came preinstalled on my laptpop... Next, i am planning to do restore/refresh/run Recovery...as there is no other way to fix this. will post ASAP if problem solved..

Back
Top Bottom