Windows 10 Unable to install 1903 Windows 10 update - Error 0x800706be

RustySkeng

I have tried for the last couple of days to install this Windows update: 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4517389)
However, I keep getting this error on the Windows Update tab of the Windows 10 settings: There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4517389) -Error 0x800706be

I then tried to manually install the update using the Microsoft Update Standalone Package, I then get this error: Gyazo

1571013137116.png

Okay then, open an admin command prompt and run

sfc /scannow and follow it with a dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and post any outputs.

Okay then, open an admin command prompt and run

sfc /scannow and follow it with a dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and post any outputs.
Firstly, the sfc /scannow command gave this: Gyazo
And the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth command gave this: Gyazo

Update: I have resolved this issue by using the Windows Media Creation Tool and choosing the first upgrade option to update my windows. Thanks regardless :D

Error 0x06be is Failed RPC call. Would have to see the logs to determine the issue, but using the upgrade assistant or an ISO as you did is usually the easiest way around the Windows Update upgrade method.

I have a somewhat similar problem. Can anyone help?
I haven't used my laptop for several months and so found several updates waiting as well as a warning that the version of W10 I am using is nearing the end of support. An attempt was then made to download version 1809, which I must have missed, and which I assume I need to get before I can get the latest version 1903. However, 1809 has failed to download several times. Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.

You need to click the
1571077498442.png
button. You're trying trying to start a conversation (private message between users)

Back