Windows 7 Unable to run IE, FF, and Chrome browsers...

Just got through going through the "upgrade again." This time I first tried increasing the System Volume to 1Gb. Crapped out again at 71%. Went back and gave the System Volume 80Gb and it died again!!! (again at 71%). WTH

This thing is killing me. I'll try the clean boot, but I don't think that's going to stop the issue with the bogus "not enough free space" message.

Thanks for all the input so far.

Andy

Well, I finally threw in the towel last night. Last thing I did was the clean boot and it made no difference. I couldn't dedicate any more time to it, so I just re-installed Windows. All is good now (although it is a headache reinstalling all the motherboard drivers, application software, and other data such as photos, music, etc.). But, at least now she has a clean PC and hopefully I won't see this problem again.

I REALLY appreciate all the help everyone has provided on this forum. Can't say we didn't try, right?

As a side note, if you're looking for an easy and powerful partitioning tool, check out EaseUS Partition Manager. It's FREE.
I used it several times and it's extremely easy to use and is reliable.

Free Partition Magic alternative & free Partition Manager Software for Windows PC, Workstation and Server - EaseUS.

Andy

If you have a Seagate hard drive, you can do an overwrite of the drive, then install Windows 7 clean, with nothing on the drive, the above link with sp1 is your best option, of course. you can burn the .iso to a disc or usb and install from there - here is the SeaGate "Disc Wizard Starter Edition." It will write zero's to the entire drive, permanately deleting any previous data, as an option that will allow you to reinstall without sp1 windows 7: DiscWizard | Seagate
I use western digital myself, thier site is: http://community.wdc.com/t5/Other-S...ed-Format-Technology-Whitepaper-amp/td-p/1495

Last edited:
Back