Windows 7 Unable to run VGA mode to my LCD TV with Windows 7 x64

reg190

Hey everyone,

I'm currently running a Dell Inspiron 1545 Computer. It has Dual 2.00 Ghz processors and an Intel GM45 integrated graphics card.

It originally came with Vista 64 bit, but I made the switch over to Windows 7. The computer previously worked with my TV, which is a 19" Vizio LCD, through VGA mode. Since then, I have had some water damage occur to my computer. I brought it to Best Buy where I have a three year accidental damage coverage. They took my computer and replaced all broken parts, and were even able to save my hard drive and all its information. Upon receipt of my fixed computer, I promptly reformatted it and reinstalled Windows 7, just in case any software was corrupted throughout the whole fixing process. I recently wanted to connect my computer up to my TV, and when I connect the screens, the TV just lags and says "VGA mode not compatible".

I've looked online and tried various methods. I tried scaling my resolution down to 800x600 and working my way back up, nothing. I tried to change my refresh rate, but it only has one setting: 60 hz. I searched for newer graphics drivers, and I am currently using the most recent one. I know the computer's VGA port has to have some functionality because when I connect the VGA cable to the TV it blank screens for a second and shows my TV as the second monitor under screen resolution settings, just nothing shows on the TV.

If anyone can please help me with this issue I'd greatly appreciate it as its been bothering me all day. Thanks.

Back