Windows 7 Unexpected BOSD results in a Crash dump

usi88

Hallow everyone

I have recently had a BOSD twice in one day

I am uploading the crash dump file here, for those who may wish to review it however I cannot specify what the cusses of the problem may have been :redface:

Attachments

• 080917-17316-01.dmp
    306.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 080917-19078-01.dmp
    316.3 KB · Views: 336
Thread moved to correct section. I'll post back shortly after checking your dump files.. :)

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa8000c3beb0, ffff, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+2f9f4 )

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
both dump files are Bugcheck 1A which is caused by a severe memory management issue and possibly bad RAM.

System corruption can also be at fault so it's just a case of testing to see which issue it is. The bsod occurred during the use of wmiprvse.exe so os corruption is a possibility.

Firstly try running a system file scan and see if it clears up any corruption. You may need to run it a few times if the corruption won't clear.

Find command prompt in the Start menu, All Programs section, right click on it, choose properties and then run as administrator. Type:

sfc /scannow

Press enter and await results.

I see your running Kaspersky AV suite and would ask you remove this and just use Windows Defender until the bsod culprit has been found.
AV suites are often at the bottom of such issues and we ask them to be removed as a matter of course.

Regard anything old and third party as suspicious (program wise) and if you no longer use it then uninstall it.

If the bsod continues then you'll need to test your RAM. Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

If this is due Memory Management BSoD then you can try running Memory Diagnostics Tool by following below steps:
  1. Open Control Panel.
  2. Select System and Maintenance.
  3. Open Administrative Tools
  4. Click Memory Diagnostics Tool.

If this is due Memory Management BSoD then you can try running Memory Diagnostics Tool by following below steps:
  1. Open Control Panel.
  2. Select System and Maintenance.
  3. Open Administrative Tools
  4. Click Memory Diagnostics Tool.
Thread is dated August plus Memtest86 is far better than Windows memory diagnostic which can miss errors.

Back
Top Bottom