Windows 7 Unexpected BSOD results in crash dump

Hey,

I seem to get BSOD's every once an a while, but it is often enough to hopefully find a fix.

I have a crash dump, if anyone wouldn't mind helping me analyze it.

Thanks so much.

View attachment 15204

This one was caused by USBPORT.SYS. I would do the following:

1-Run a system file check

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

2-Read and run this:
USB Driver - General Fix for Problems - Windows 7 Forums

Thank you so much for the quick reply, i already tried the first one multiple times, but i went ahead and ran it again and got "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.".

As for the second, i followed the guide, but couldn't get the file to delete through windows, so i used an unlocking program to force delete the file. And i have had no problems so far.

The crashes are rare enough so its hard to tell if the problem is fixed or not, but i will reply again if i have another BSOD.

Thanks for the help/

Things have been great for a month or so, but i got another crash.

Even if i cant fix it, i would like to figure out if the cause is the same or very similar, or something completely different.

Also a note, not sure if it matters, but it only BSOD'ed once my computer was on for 5 days about and i was downloading something while i was gone.

Thanks

View attachment 080411-52634-01.dmp

Sorry, I was looking at the first dump file.

The second one says a hardware problem and Pandora is mentioned.

The teamviewervpn.sys is still listed from 2007, so you might check for an update for it.

Last edited:
Thanks so much that helps alot, yes i play games, but nothing was open at the time (maybe the exe didn't close fully or hanged). I have USB 3.0, but not any devices that support (99 percent sure).

And i have team viewer yes, but i dont see how it can be outdated, i have the latest version 6, which came out a month or to ago.

Weird, but thanks so much for the results, at least now i have some idea what the cause is.

Back