Windows 7 Unexpected shut down of computer

beejay

My comp experienced an unexpected shut down. The restart took much longer than normal and following message popped up " Failed to connect to a windows service---Windows could not connect to a the system event notification service, service. this problem prevents standard users from logging onto the service as an administrative user , you can review the system event log for details about why the service dudnt respond" Following this i did a system restore to an earlier time. The restore was satisfactory. All start ups following this are still very slow and the message still appears. In the system tray the volume control, wireless connection, security flag and start button have lost thir background colours and appear as pure white icons, other than the slow start ups, the message and icon changes everything else seems to work as normal. I have looked at the event log although there is so much stuff in there that i am unable to make much sence out of it. I will greatly appreciate it if some with the know how in rectifying this can lead me in the right direction to remove the message and restore the icons to their rightful colours. My computer windows 7 home premium.
Many thanks beejay

Back
Top Bottom