Windows 10 Unexpected_store_exception *Dump file attchd*

JohnIt88

Computer works fine after it restarts but I get the same blue screen every time I come back to use my computer. It's driving me bonkers

Attachments

• W7F_15-12-2015.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 458
Its never a good idea to change computer name during a system upgrade because that will change the file paths back to where the files are stored... this error list is old, so are you sure it's the correct one?

I am not sure. My IT skills are pretty noob. I followed the directions on the pinned post regarding dump files.

Its never a good idea to change computer name during a system upgrade because that will change the file paths back to where the files are stored... this error list is old, so are you sure it's the correct one?

I'll never change the name again. Am I screwed? Can I fix whatever damage I did by changing the name?

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 154, {ffffe0005bfae000, ffffd000c7acdc70, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SMKM_STORE<SM_TRAITS>::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter+22 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
something is causing a store exception and is usually down to data corruption or faulty device drivers.
As your system is reasonably old did you check for compatibility before upgrading to windows 10? I ask this because no Windows 10 drivers are available from the main HP support page.
Drivers & Software for HP Compaq 8200 Elite Small Form Factor PC - HP Support Center.

I can also see the drivers are in need of updating. Use your system support page as a guide as to which drivers are needed and google for the latest versions.

You have a security app running called Trend Micro? Consider uninstalling especially if this was running at the time of the upgrade. (you can always install it again at a later date)

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 154, {ffffe0005bfae000, ffffd000c7acdc70, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SMKM_STORE<SM_TRAITS>::SmStUnhandledExceptionFilter+22 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
something is causing a store exception and is usually down to data corruption or faulty device drivers.
As your system is reasonably old did you check for compatibility before upgrading to windows 10? I ask this because no Windows 10 drivers are available from the main HP support page.
Drivers & Software for HP Compaq 8200 Elite Small Form Factor PC - HP Support Center.

I can also see the drivers are in need of updating. Use your system support page as a guide as to which drivers are needed and google for the latest versions.

You have a security app running called Trend Micro? Consider uninstalling especially if this was running at the time of the upgrade. (you can always install it again at a later date)

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

I did the file scan and the restore health as you advised. Do you recommend I downgrade back to windows 7 because the computer is an older model?

Code:

[/QUOTE]

Where do I find the system support page?

Where do I find the system support page?
If you check my first post i linked to it there.

Can you tell us how long you've had windows 10 installed?

I did the file scan and the restore health as you advised. Do you recommend I downgrade back to windows 7 because the computer is an older model?
That's an option but the better path is to try a fresh wx install over a blank hdd... Should be about an hour with normal internet access and you can always format the drive and return to w7 if it doesn't work out

Its been about a month.
Ok thank you. Unfortunately after 31 days you cannot go back to your previous os. How is the system running? Any bsod's since the scans and what about driver updates? Did you apply any?

Ok thank you. Unfortunately after 31 days you cannot go back to your previous os. How is the system running? Any bsod's since the scans and what about driver updates? Did you apply any?

I went into device manager and went through the list looking for updates and updated as many as I could. I havent seen the store exception BSOD but I did get a process_died BSOD once.

It seems like the computer runs great and every few days I get a BSOD.

To analyse the dumps further, we'll need at least a Kernel memory dump from C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp
They can be pretty large, few hundred mb, so you'll need to upload it to a file sharing site.

Back
Top Bottom