Windows 10 unexpected_store_exception and critical_process_died BSOD.

TheForumFinder

Hello. I may want to ask help in the right place for the BSODs my PC has been getting lately, to the point that it happens everytime I open the computer.

Everyday, whenever I would open the computer, I would end up getting one crash, either unexpected_store_exception or critical_process_died (mostly the former). I'm going to get the sfc zips and see if there is anyone who could scan it so that I could try to fix it.

Thanks for the help. I would appreciate it.

Hi,
when a machine bsod's a dump file is created containing information about the blue screen, In order to help you best we need to see these dump files.
If you read the thread sticky you'll see an application (says it's for win 7 but it works on win 10 too.) which will collect the data for you.
https://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.211715/
Right click the app and run as admin.

Zip up the results and post to the forum.

I was able to gather the dump file as well a log file after using command prompt to scan as well as using that application. Here are the results.

Attachments

• W7F_03-02-2018.zip
    2 MB · Views: 2,385
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 154, {ffffdc0ed83d0000, ffff85880c740090, 2, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : hardware_disk

Followup:     MachineOwner

Code:
EXCEPTION_RECORD:  ffff85880c740fd8 -- (.exr 0xffff85880c740fd8)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8022b85a3b3 (nt!RtlDecompressBufferXpressLz+0x0000000000000043)
   ExceptionCode: c0000006 (In-page I/O error)
  ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 3
   Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
   Parameter[1]: 000000000236fbd0
   Parameter[2]: 00000000c0000483
Inpage operation failed at 000000000236fbd0, due to I/O error 00000000c0000483

Code:
IO_ERROR: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000483 - The request failed due to a fatal device hardware error.

BiosVersion = 1104
BiosReleaseDate = 06/24/2014 - Latest Bios version is now 1303 with stability updates:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H61ME/HelpDesk_Download/

Hi,
the above dump is the bugcheck that's most prolific from those that were sent. I posted the exception record so you can see that the Harddisk/SSD has an I/O error.
Try checking your drive by running a chkdsk: How to Fix Hard Drive Problems with Chkdsk in Windows 7, 8, and 10

You can also check the integrity of the drive by running Seatools which works for most drives: https://www.seagate.com/gb/en/support/downloads/seatools/

You also had a bugcheck 1A which can point to faulty memory so if the chkdsk comes back ok we'll need to test the RAM.

Avast AV suite is known on occasion to cause issues so if they continue try uninstalling this AV suite.

Try running these scans:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Post any new dump files.

Got a new dump, after scanning using those two commands.

Basically, started those 2 commands from the command prompt. Then used the same program to gather the remaining files into a new zip.

Attachments

• W7F_03-02-2018.zip
    872.2 KB · Views: 772
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 154, {ffff8e8e3f2f9000, fffff980e9a9f090, 2, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : hardware_disk

Followup:     MachineOwner
Hi,
as you can see it's the same bugcheck.

So now try the chkdsk and Seatools scan I mentioned above and see where that get's us.

Wait, so um. So just use chkdsk and Seatools? I've done Seatools and did all tests except Advanced and all were Pass. What else to do after the chkdsk results? Here are the chkdsk read results.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    123.4 KB · Views: 303
You can try updating the bios as the last three are stability updates. I gave you the link above in my first post.

Avast is known to cause issues now and again so try removing as a test.

You also got a bugcheck 1A which can mean faulty RAM.
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Back
Top Bottom