Windows 8 Unexplainable obstacles Im facing with my Windows...

hosa

Some basic info first..

Windows 8.1 Core (N) version 6.3.9600 Build 9600

This is a new Windows installation.. And I have to add Ive experianced similar problems with a W10 system like a year ago, but i dismissed it because i just thought I had little knowledge of W10 and that I was just ignorant of how to deal with it.. Well I was wrong...

NB: I think its best to mention that Ive enabled the true Administrator account as this makes things alot easier for me..

- Drivers do not actually install even though the setups tell me installed successfully..
- Installing driver packages with DISM gives me error even though I followed the guides very closely..
- Some programs just wouldnt run like Java RE

Pretty weird..

For the drivers what does it show under Device Manager?

Java RE (runtime environment) isn't something you run directly. It's a layer to execute other Java code, so what are you trying to run exactly?

For the drivers what does it show under Device Manager?

Java RE (runtime environment) isn't something you run directly. It's a layer to execute other Java code, so what are you trying to run exactly?
I did not actually try to run a program that needs java.. but i know that java is not running because the icon is not in tray and when i run java.exe i see a cmd appear and closes very fast and nothing happens, i know the window that should display the java settings should open but it doesnt..

Java doesn't do anything on it's own and it's JIT execution of code.
I KNOWWW.. and i also know that its not running and i have infact tried to run programs that depend on it and it said java wasnt installed just like I thought.. I KNOW what should happen when i click on java.exe and its not that.. i really did not have to repeat myself..

alot of programs do not want to run and are giving me an error that a dll file is missing...
Anyway Im looking for another source to download windows again can anyone suggest?
I want 8.1 Core N

Lets step back and ask what are you trying to run?
well, many programs either just had no response whatsoever when I clicked the exe or told me a dll file is missing..
What I can remember now is Picotorrent and Bittorrent Web because it happened today.. sorry my memory is bad..
I am now in the process of downloading a new copy of windows and I will post my findings here as to whether the problems vanished or not..

If this is a new Windows installation, I wonder, did you reinstall the programs you tried to run, with the installation kit from the delivery?

Last edited:
If this is a new Windows installation, I wonder, did you reinstall the programs you tried to run, with the installation kit from the delivery?
I have no idea what you mean by "the installation kit from the delivery"
I ran the .exe files, this is how I install programs..

That won't work.
Whenever you buy a game or a software package, like office, you receive a download or cd on which is setup.exe or install.exe which you have to run to get you package and all it needs in place. Most packages use some run-time environment like c++.
To me and to Neemobeer, see answer 11, it sounds that you are missing that.

If anything your probably missing required runtimes such as the vc++ runtimes
Alright, But Never in my computing life did i need to install vc++ runtimes or any runtime except java.. Wait shouldnt Microsoft Visual get installed with my windows updates? Please link me to where to download all the runtimes I need..

EDIT: I just checked my installed programs and Microsoft Visual 2017 IS listed

Last edited:
I can't. You just have to run the installation program, it put every thing were it should be, add register values, what ever is needed.
You have to find the distribution media

I can't. You just have to run the installation program, it put every thing were it should be, add register values, what ever is needed.
You have to find the distribution media
Visual Runtime is installed... The programs I want are installed.. they just won't run

"Won't run" can mean a lot of things. Does it throw an error? Does nothing happen? have you looked in the application event log for an error message?

"Won't run" can mean a lot of things. Does it throw an error? Does nothing happen? have you looked in the application event log for an error message?
Most throw an error "blabla.dll" is missing, some dont give me any errors just wont run..
Wait a second, I anyhow, decided to download another windows copy from another source.. so please guys be patient for now
and wait for my updates after I install this new copy..

Again, in most cases you can't copy the .exe of the game to your Windows, it wont wort. At first you have you run the installation script on . Did you do that?

Back