Windows 7 unreal tournament 3 issues

Mirrorboy

whenever i try to connect to a server on UT3, the game crashes. i've tried changing the compatibility settings, but it didn't work with any of the combinations i tried. i just installed the latest graphics driver from nVidia and the latest game patch from Epic, but neither helped. the only thing i can think of is my memory. i have 1.5GB of DDR SDRAM and when the game crashes, my system monitor gadget shows 1200-1300MB out of 1534MB of memory in use, which leads me to believe i just don't have enough memory to run the game on top of windows 7 (windows takes up about 500-750MB of memory with a few programs running). also, for the first time since i've had this problem, i got an error message giving some explanation and it says something about memory (pictured below). is this a compatibility issue with windows 7 or do i just need more memory? (the max my mobo can take is 2GB, but i might be upgrading my mobo/processor soon).

compatibility settings i've tried:

Disable visual themes: YES/NO
Disable desktop composition: YES/NO
Disable display scaling on high DPI settings: YES/NO
Run as admin: YES

Disable visual themes: YES/NO
Disable desktop composition: YES/NO
Disable display scaling on high DPI settings: YES/NO
Run as admin: YES/NO

It sounds like you have plenty of memory. I'm having similar problems running ut3 on windows 7 home premium retail. The splash/logo screens do not appear, but there is sound. The menus look horrible and scrambled. But I am able to play the game. The graphics in game are also horrid and 'scrambled'. I've not had any problems with the game until I installed windows 7.

uhh, wow. talk about a late reply. i've had numerous things done to my computer since i posted this, so this isn't an issue anymore.

yea. i installed a new motherboard, processor and RAM. the reason for this problem when i first posted it was that i didn't have enough system resources to run it online without crashing. but i have twice as much ram now in addition to a much faster processor.

Back
Top Bottom