Windows 7 Updates Take Forever?

wilhelm1

I have been waiting for the necessary updates to come along for about 3+ weeks. I am stuck with IE 8 and can't seem to be able to move forward. Is there a way to force the updates to show up?

I did not use your links. I did go online and was able to get SP1 downloaded and installed as well as IE 11. It took me about 5 hours doing it that way as I had a problem with Avast, Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials. After I turned them off, I was able to get it done. Did a lot of reading and learned a lot. So all is well. Thanks

I did not use your links. I did go online and was able to get SP1 downloaded and installed as well as IE 11. It took me about 5 hours doing it that way as I had a problem with Avast, Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials. After I turned them off, I was able to get it done. Did a lot of reading and learned a lot. So all is well. Thanks

< Post deleted by David.>

You won't hear from me again. That's a promise.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Now that you brought it up, I will tell you that I have felt like I was your kid when you responded to me. You know sort of looking down at me. I was willing to overlook it hoping I could learn something about computers. Now to the SP1 and IE 11, after waiting for over 3 weeks, and after your response, I finally figured out how to do it. It was just yesterday that I figured out how I could do it.
No one wasted their time, you were the only one who responded to this thread. Thanks Dave.

Back
Top Bottom