Updates Take Forever?

wilhelm1

I have been waiting for the necessary updates to come along for about 3+ weeks. I am stuck with IE 8 and can't seem to be able to move forward. Is there a way to force the updates to show up?

davidhk129

< Post deleted by David.>

Last edited:

wilhelm1

I did not use your links. I did go online and was able to get SP1 downloaded and installed as well as IE 11. It took me about 5 hours doing it that way as I had a problem with Avast, Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials. After I turned them off, I was able to get it done. Did a lot of reading and learned a lot. So all is well. Thanks

davidhk129

I did not use your links. I did go online and was able to get SP1 downloaded and installed as well as IE 11. It took me about 5 hours doing it that way as I had a problem with Avast, Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials. After I turned them off, I was able to get it done. Did a lot of reading and learned a lot. So all is well. Thanks
< Post deleted by David.>

You won't hear from me again. That's a promise.
Good luck.

Last edited:

wilhelm1

Now that you brought it up, I will tell you that I have felt like I was your kid when you responded to me. You know sort of looking down at me. I was willing to overlook it hoping I could learn something about computers. Now to the SP1 and IE 11, after waiting for over 3 weeks, and after your response, I finally figured out how to do it. It was just yesterday that I figured out how I could do it.
No one wasted their time, you were the only one who responded to this thread. Thanks Dave.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.