Windows 7 Upgrade Blue Screen

iflog

Honorable Member
A friend of mine upgraded to Windows 7 recently and has been getting the blue screen of death. I was wondering if anyone would have an answer to his problem. Thank you in advance.

Problem Event Name: Blue Screen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C000001D
BCP2: FFFFF88004194330
BCP3: FFFFF88002BB0630
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\070310-22682-01.dmp
C:\Users\George's\AppData|Local\Temp\WER-43040-0.sysdata.xml

If I posted this in the wrong forum admins please feel free to move it. Thanks again.

Someone will be along shortly but will need a copy of the mini-dump file. This link should explain how to find and attach it.

Here is his zipped temp file. He claims he had someone upgrade his computer from vista to windows 7 and then had a problem so they removed vista and did a clean install of 7. He hasn't told me exactly what happens besides getting the BSOD when gaming mostly. If you need any more info or if I should get any more, I will post it here. Thank you.

View attachment george temp files.zip

Here is his zipped temp file. He claims he had someone upgrade his computer from vista to windows 7 and then had a problem so they removed vista and did a clean install of 7. He hasn't told me exactly what happens besides getting the BSOD when gaming mostly. If you need any more info or if I should get any more, I will post it here. Thank you.

View attachment 6855

Did the person who did the upgrade / install use a legitimate Windows 7 install DVD? Did you friend purchase it and then have this person do the install?

Have all the proper drivers been installed? Windows 7 does have a few issues when it comes to games, there are a lot of posts about it throughout the internet.

Hi.

You're getting 0x3b errors. To troubleshoot/repair, please take the following necessary steps.

Update the Realtek HD Audio driver from the following link:

Code:
RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Tue Aug 04 05:50:52 2009

Realtek

------

Uninstall each and every DVD software(s) until this driver is removed from the system:
Code:
pcouffin pcouffin.sys Tue Dec 05 09:39:30 2006

Alternatively, you can just go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers and rename it to pcouffin.BAK. Reboot to make the change accepted.

--------

I see you have AVG. This is usually the exact cause of the 0x3b stop errors. Please uninstall it using the special tool at the following link. Then you may install MSE as a great free replacement that never causes bsod under any circumstances:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

--------

Good luck and enjoy!

The installation was legit. Here are the specs of his PC.

HP Pavilion
64-bit OS
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E22200 @ 2.20Ghz
3 GB RAM
NVIDEA GeForce 9800 GT
Windows 7 Home Premium

Hello,

Seems like the Dump files are also pointing to your Direct X Drivers most probably it might be your Graphics Card. I would recommend to uninstall it and reinstall it follow this Link Link Removed - Invalid URL it's specific to nVidia but the same procedure is applicable for other display card we well.

Also i would recommend to run a Hardware Diagnostic to make sure everything is going good. Follow this link for assistance Link Removed - Invalid URL

Good Luck,
Captain

Believe it or not, AVG is actually entirely responsible for the dumps showing a relation to the video; hence the 0x3b error (passing bad data to the kernel code, from video driver.) AVG is notorious for this one, lol....much like netio.sys and ZA.

Very high chance, or 100% chance that there is actually nothing wrong the the actual video/drivers.

Always good to have latest driver installed anyhow. :p

Hi all and thanks for the advice. I spoke with my buddy today after not hearing from him in a while. He removed AVG and installed Microsoft Security Essentials. Installed the latest drivers for his video card. Still getting BSOD. Anyting else this error code could be pointing to?

Back