Windows 7 upgrade to build 7022???

clean install. I just did it myself and it does seem to run quicker then build 7000 and IR8 version RC1 is much more stable then the build 7000 version.

I made an upgrade an it runs a little bit faster than 7000, there are less errors and everything works well after upgrading...

If you try to upgrade to 7022; it will tell you that the version installed is a more advance version then that you are trying to install. Go figure. Where does build 7022 really come from.Is it legit or not.

If you try to upgrade to 7022; it will tell you that the version installed is a more advance version then that you are trying to install. Go figure. Where does build 7022 really come from.Is it legit or not.

The only thing that it said was about programs that upgrading may affect - adobe acrobat reader. But... i have no problems with adobe reader after upgrading.

It comes from "i don't know where". It's leaked from microsoft.

Well you should never upgrade an operating system in my opinion. First off it is a very tough and time consuming process for the pc. Second off it is better to reinstall programs throught the OS that you are using because there is no guarantee that it will work and may result in BSOD's. Also you should reorganize your pc to make more since with how the new os is written. One thing people dont know is that the upgrade also brings over uneeded files that will slow down your operatinmg system. This is one reason most people complain after upgrading from one OS to the next using upgrade.

I agree with Iroken22 on this one... Upgrading is in my opinion the worst way to install a new OS.. I always recommend formatting your HDD and doing a clean install.. ;) As iroken22 said, this way you get a fresh start, useless files are not brought over from the previous install, and in general your rig will behave much better this way than if you'd done an upgrade.. :) Plus I find by doing a clean install instead of an upgrade it just feels more like your using something new... Alot of the support questions in this forum are from people that did upgrades rather than clean installs... ;)

I agree. I've done both, an upgrade from Vista, and a couple of fresh installs on freshly re-formatted drives. I had many problems with the upgraded installation. The fresh installation ran trouble free for me. Exact same hardware.

The difference is night and day. Knowing what I know now, I'd not waste my time doing an upgrade. Do the fresh install, it's well worth it in the long run.

:)

Well, i'm using win 7 since i found first pre-beta version in torrents. I upgraded all these versions to newer ones, and unsuccesful upgrade was only once, from 6801 to 6933 i think.

Change of mind!

After playing around with windows 7 Build 7000, I decided to try build 7022 one more time.It once again installed flawlessely.At first I thought that build 7000 was better but the more I played around with build 7022; the more I enjoyed it.What I don't like about it, is that microsoft is stripping it down by removing all the windows live programs such as mail messenger and others like photo gallery which forces everyone to spend more time downloading these programs after the initial installation.Yes it does install faster but it's installing less.As far as it being faster than Windows XP; I don't think so .I have five computers right now; three with win xp and two with windows 7 build 7022 and when I bounce back and forth a lot; and I still prefer to work with windows xp. I don't care about a lot of these useless little gadjets as much as I do for performance.
Windows 7 does have a lot of new little tools like the snipping tool and the program recorder which could be very useful to identify windows problems.Don't get me wrong I am starting to like windows 7 but still prefer XP.My two cents.

I skrewed up my current Seven partition anyway when I repartitioned it -- so I may as well upgrade since I need to reinstall anyway! :p

Thanks all!

Back