Windows 7 upgrade to build 7022???

7000 vs. 7022

In THIS post I described a few of the massive problems, I got after upgrading (no clean install) to Build 7022... It starts and shuts down much faster, but all the other probs didn't make it worth the upgrade. Right now I'm looking for the safest and best way to downgrade again - and will wait for the RC instead fighting with the 7022.

In THIS post I described a few of the massive problems, I got after upgrading (no clean install) to Build 7022... It starts and shuts down much faster, but all the other probs didn't make it worth the upgrade. Right now I'm looking for the safest and best way to downgrade again - and will wait for the RC instead fighting with the 7022.

It doesn't mean that others will get same problems as you.

It doesn't mean that others will get same problems as you.

And it doesn't mean, that I'm the only one with problems either... One of the original questions was upgrade or not. And with my experiences I can't recommend it...

And it doesn't mean, that I'm the only one with problems either... One of the original questions was upgrade or not. And with my experiences I can't recommend it...

Upgrading in my opinion is just a stupid way to go about installing a new OS in the first place.. your just asking for problems that way.. ESPECIALLY when upgrading from a BETA to another BETA... ;) I bet if you clean install build 7022 you won't have these issues.. :)

So are there any "MUST HAVE" benefits of build 7022 or is it just like 7000 but a bit faster. And the speed difference between XP and 7 is best seen on AMD CPUs. On a clean install of XP there is a 3 minute wait on the desktop for all services to finish... uhhh... servicing??? Where as Windows 7 its nearly like lightning, I can now load firefox just that millisecond faster without using a preloader. (Not really but there is the massive difference in performance.

Also just as a pointer, XPs graphics drivers are actually worser than the current Windows 7 ones as the XP ones will crasg more times than the Windows 7 ones and Windows 7 will tell you that it has happened and not pretend its dreaming. [Some citation needed]

So are there any "MUST HAVE" benefits of build 7022 or is it just like 7000 but a bit faster. And the speed difference between XP and 7 is best seen on AMD CPUs. On a clean install of XP there is a 3 minute wait on the desktop for all services to finish... uhhh... servicing??? Where as Windows 7 its nearly like lightning, I can now load firefox just that millisecond faster without using a preloader. (Not really but there is the massive difference in performance.

Also just as a pointer, XPs graphics drivers are actually worser than the current Windows 7 ones as the XP ones will crasg more times than the Windows 7 ones and Windows 7 will tell you that it has happened and not pretend its dreaming. [Some citation needed]

I have to say after reading this post, i'm very confused... hahahaha ;)

I know how you feel, I cant even understand it and i typed that.

But in summary I was saying that XP has not been optimised out of the box whereas Windows 7 probably has been(only using 400MB of pagefile/RAM at startup). Also graphics drivers are just not working right on windows 7 even though XP has apparently worse graphics handling (try running 360 desktop on windows XP while using firefox, rumours are that your screen may freeze while your pc is operative ???)

But yeah just dont read the last few lines of the above paragraph and my last post. I dont feel too good, maybe listening to an Ocarina of Time medley for 3 hours while writing in Spanish, pretending to be a small town american and doing some maths homework wasnt the sanest of ideas.

I know how you feel, I cant even understand it and i typed that.

But in summary I was saying that XP has not been optimised out of the box whereas Windows 7 probably has been(only using 400MB of pagefile/RAM at startup). Also graphics drivers are just not working right on windows 7 even though XP has apparently worse graphics handling (try running 360 desktop on windows XP while using firefox, rumours are that your screen may freeze while your pc is operative ???)

But yeah just dont read the last few lines of the above paragraph and my last post. I dont feel too good, maybe listening to an Ocarina of Time medley for 3 hours while writing in Spanish, pretending to be a small town american and doing some maths homework wasnt the sanest of ideas.

hahahahaha perhaps not.. ;)

I can't really agree with the statement saying XP has poor graphics drivers.. I've been using XP for years now and never had any major gpu problems... I've always used ATI cards and always used whatever the latest Catalyst driver was at the time, and they always got the job done and done very well I might add.. I'm not sure how nVidia is for XP though.. I assume just as good though or we would have all heard otherwise.. ;) As for graphics drivers not working well on Windows 7.. sorry but I have to disagree with that too.. I've been using 7 since build 6801 and never had any gpu problems yet... My main PC has a Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 512MB PCI-E (upgrading it soon) and it's working VERY well with Windows 7... I'm thinking if your having that many problems with your gpu than it might be time to upgrade your video card.. if you can't find a suitable driver first that is... ;)

Last edited:
Magic177, don't you think it is really better for Microsoft to leave the type items that you mention here out of the default install? So many of us have some other equivalent application that we prefer over mail messenger and photo gallery, etc. and really don't want those apps anyway. When these apps install automatically, they usually make themselves default. It is really less trouble to add those apps post-install (or select them individually during install) than to go through the frustration of disabling/deleting the unused programs. Most of us never really get the unwanted programs fully uninstalled anyway and they are sucking up harddrive space if no more resources for the life of the computer. Often these remnants of programs cause conflicts with desired programs, too.

I am a supporter of a fully "modular" OS for this very reason. Let me install what I want to install and leave out what I want to leave out. I will keep the install DVD and install more features later if I wish.

GOOGLE button???? If my machine had a GIGGLE button, I would smash it with a sledge hammer.

Last edited:
Kinda confused here too, oka, first of all can i download from microsoft server the 7022 build? where can i find it? just for the fact that it starts faster and shuts down faster its worth it....
if anyone could tell me where i find that new build i apreciate it!!
Cheers

RR

MS Addict > I have to admit. the shutting down process on 7022 is still not the fastest, I've seen on a Windows system - XP was quicker... Might be a driver issue. But still: it boots much qiucker!
You won't find build on a public Microsoft server, you'll have to search for it in usenet or as a torrent. With all the "dangers" it implies. For usenet you'll have to have an account, torrents are easy to find, af if you've got a reliable anti malware protection, it should be resonably safe to get it there.

Hi Lause thx for replying my post!!
Yeah thats what i figured =/,i dont feel confortable downloading torrents and i dunno if the "Seeders"(Not sure bout that word) are reliable and not sure if the Build 7022 will come with some sort of malware inserted and hidden somewhere....i'd much rather stick with my 7000 build which has not given me headaches,The only thing is IM DESPERATE, i 'd be much apreciated if someone could help me out with my first posts concerning Windows online activation and updates !! ITS EXPIRING AHHHHH
thx again and cya later

Last edited:
You're welcome, MS Addict.
Stay on Build 7000, if you haven't godt torrent or usenet experience (or bad ones). The difference is not that huge, if your system is stable, keep it - undtil the release candidate is out, most are talking about some time in april.
So you haven't got a serial? You can have mine, I don't need the one for build 7000 anymore, and it's good for 3 computers, I've only used it once. Check private message...

Hey Lause how is it going?
thx for having me that serial ,but i got the serial when i downloaded Win7 and the problem was when i cliked to change serial or activate now ,nothing would happen,so prolly the problem in any setting of my GPO was blocking it,then i disabled GPO's and tried it and didnt happen anything again and still logged in the log events as an error in SPP,so i reactivated and then rebooted my system and logged in my standard ACC,when i connected to the network BANG windows activating ,you cant imagine how relieved i felt at that point LOL...
so thx buddy for providing me that serial really apreciate and just to let u know i use Kaspersky AV too,when i was on Vista was using the Panda one which i thought was the best one ,but now when i installed KIS realized that is awesome and one of the good things is that it detects a SSL connectionsand if you dont Trust the certificate you can just deny and it doesnt even stabilish the connection ,right on isnt it?

cheers and catch ya l8z

Last edited:
Windows 7

john3347. What I am really trying to say is that everyone out there is saying that windows seven installs quicker than other operating systems.This is true only because everything has been left out.Now you need to go back and download what programs you would like to add.Also it does run faster at the beginning but once you install all your needed programs it starts to slow down.I also don't like the light contours of the os.I much prefer that of windows XP.I disable clear type and still cannot get use to it.When I return to my windows XP computer I find it much easier on the eyes.I know this is just a beta version and I could probably get use to windows 7 but I would like themes like XP inserted into the OS.

Again my two cents.

john3347. What I am really trying to say is that everyone out there is saying that windows seven installs quicker than other operating systems.This is true only because everything has been left out.Now you need to go back and download what programs you would like to add.Also it does run faster at the beginning but once you install all your needed programs it starts to slow down.I also don't like the light contours of the os.I much prefer that of windows XP.I disable clear type and still cannot get use to it.When I return to my windows XP computer I find it much easier on the eyes.I know this is just a beta version and I could probably get use to windows 7 but I would like themes like XP inserted into the OS.

Again my two cents.

Hi there
just wait a little for people to start designing themes etc-- remember this is a Brand New OS -- I'm sure decent customisiation will come.

I'm not suggesting you load it but if you have ever seen what is called the "Windows XP Black edition" you'll know how people can customize an OS to look great.

The "Black Edition" looks a little bit to "garish" and "gamer-ish" for me but loads (especially the younger one's) seem to like the themes.

just give people a bit of time to start "customising".

XP initially looked very bland straight out of the box.

cheers
jimbo

Back
Top Bottom