Windows 7 Upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit

donaldadkins

I've upgreaded (custom install) to windows 7 32 bit on Toshiba P205 s6287, 4gb Ram, 200g ide HDD. Is it possible to now upgrade to windows 7 64 bit? How would I do it? I can download the ISO image and burn it to a DVD? Would that be the best way, or since I already loaded the 32 bit version am I disqualified from loading the 64 bit?

Sorry, still a novice about these things.

Thanks,
Don

I've upgreaded (custom install) to windows 7 32 bit on Toshiba P205 s6287, 4gb Ram, 200g ide HDD. Is it possible to now upgrade to windows 7 64 bit? How would I do it? I can download the ISO image and burn it to a DVD? Would that be the best way, or since I already loaded the 32 bit version am I disqualified from loading the 64 bit?

Thanks,
Don
Reading between the lines I assume you upgraded from Vista 32 to Win7 32. No, you can't get to 64 bit Win7 from there. I'm assuming you got a two-disk set with a common 25-digit code. I would do a clean install with the 64 bit Win7 disk and if you have problems activating, call M$ and tell them that you removed the 32 bit version and install the 64 bit version on the same machine.

Thanks,
Don

Yes.. and the 64 bit version will use the same key you have for the 32 bit ... but you can't upgrade 32 to 64 ... you need to burn an ISO and boot to it. You must backup your personal files, programs, photos etc. first because it will format your drive.

I posted a link to the win 7 iso 32 and 64 bit files on the Microsoft web site. On my blog.

They are the pro versions but if you delete ei.cfg before you burn them to disk ... when you install it wll ask you which version you want to install ... like home pro ultimate... you must select the version you have a key code for.

Back
Top Bottom