Windows 7 upgrade to windows 7..missing letters when typing

phantomryder

I have recently upgraded from windows vista to windows 7 and since having done that there is a problem with the keys when i am typing, most of them are missing and i end up going back over what i have written to replace the missing letters (half hour to type this thread) As i did a clean install, there is no way to roll back my driver PS/2 and when i tried upgrading it said my device driver was up to date. Can someone please help me i am going crazy. just so people are aware am usng dell laptop XPS series

Last edited:
and the point of that would be?? lol its not exactly FIXING my problem but thanks anyway haha

You don't know what the problem is yet. Until you do you won't fix it.

Plugging in a keyboard and finding out that it works -- or doesn't work -- would be a step to narrow down the scope of your trobleshooting.

Sometimes key boards on laptops die... sometimes keyboards get remapped. If it's remapped then both should do the weird thing. If it's drivers and you plug in a generic usb keyboard it will probably behave.

i did a clean install in th first place and then when this happened i did upgrade repair . do i have to do a second clean install?

When i installed it initially it as a clean install and then when i came across this roblem i dd an upgrade repair, do i have to do a second clean insall?

When i installed it initially it as a clean install and then when i came across this roblem i dd an upgrade repair, do i have to do a second clean insall?

If it's broken after a clean install then it's either a driver's issue or maybe something in the CMOS settings. It should be possible to clear the cmos in a laptop by removing a pop out or a couple screws.

Make sure you check you administrative logs under Event Viewer /custom FIRST
It' usually specific about conflicts that are found at startup.

i am so annoyed, just by chance i opened safari instead of IE 8 and it appears IE 8 is the problem and not my keyboard GGRRRR after buying a keyboard and all.. thanks a mill for your help though i really do appreciate it .. DAMN IE 8!!!!

i am so annoyed, just by chance i opened safari instead of IE 8 and it appears IE 8 is the problem and not my keyboard GGRRRR after buying a keyboard and all.. thanks a mill for your help though i really do appreciate it .. DAMN IE 8!!!!

1. You shouldn't have spent more than $10 on a keyboard

2. It's much easier to type on that the laptop

How does IE have anyting to do with the keyboard?

Back