Windows 7 upgrading to windows 7 makes computer run way hotter?

donker10

so i recently upgraded to windows 7 64 bit from windows Vista on my laptop. This laptop is mainly used for gaming so i was a bit surprised when i was playing a game and my computer overheated and turned off for the first time in a year of having the laptop. I checked and even games like "lord of the rings online" that pushed my GPU to about 70 degrees on vista, now pushes the gpu to 100 or more. Is there any fix for this? or is my only option to return to windows vista?

Did you do a clean install or upgrade? A clean install is always best. Next have you updated all of your drivers and BIOS?
Joe

Did you do a clean install or upgrade? A clean install is always best. Next have you updated all of your drivers and BIOS?
Joe

i upgraded, not clean install

and i used the windows tool to check to see if i needed to update any drivers or my bios before i upgraded and it said i didn't

Have you checked the cooling airflow path recently? My prior Dell laptop seemed to allow buildup of junk that caused cooling problems.

Are these games running full screen, or in a Window? I do not know if turning off Aero would help.

Have you checked the cooling airflow path recently? My prior Dell laptop seemed to allow buildup of junk that caused cooling problems.

Are these games running full screen, or in a Window? I do not know if turning off Aero would help.

the vents are stuff are clear, i mean the computer idles at around what i remember it idled at on vista: around 50 degrees, but just once i play any game it spikes up to 90 degrees or more.

most games are in full screen

i tried dragon age 2 with the lowest possible settings, not in full screen, and i still reached over 100 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom