Windows 8 Upgrading to Windows 8 on Acer Aspire 6935

Ikram232

Hello everyone, this is my first post by the way. I am currently typing on a Acer Aspire 6935. It originally came with Windows Vista Home Premium and then I bought a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. It took me a while and when I say a while, I mean about 10 weeks to find ALL of my correct drivers and this laptop is special because it has some fantastic speakers. So finding the right driver for the speakers was a pain in the... Without the drivers, my sound horrible. I want to upgrade to Windows 8 because I like the new interface and I like Windows 8.1 Update 1, however, my drivers are a problem. I found the correct drivers but I forgot where I downloaded it from. What can I do? If I upgrade to Windows 8, will it keep my drivers?

Attachments

• My Laptop Specs.png
    My Laptop Specs.png
    759.8 KB · Views: 589
You'll need to go through your device manage and get the make/model for each piece of hardware and look them up from each vendors website.

Yeah I did that when I installed Windows 7 but it didn't give me the best sound. Shall I dual-boot this PC and see what I can do with Windows 8?

As far as I know sound quality has nothing to do with a audio driver. The driver is the firmware to activate/use the device. The quality of the sound is from the actual speakers themselves. From my experience with laptops and note/net books....the sound is sub par at best.

I'll try Dual-Booting Windows 7 with 8, download all the drivers, and see which one is right. I will also check 'whs' post on that Double-Driver program. That's looks like the sulution!

On my Samsung laptop that came with windows 7. I set up a dual boot with windows 8 Pro and just used the generic drivers that came with the OS because there is no windows 8 support for my laptop model. It's been working great for 6 months straight with no issues. This may be a viable option for you as well.

alright, my system is dual-booted and I am currently typing in Windows 8. I have installed the video, trackpad, wi-fi etc drivers and the only one left is Sound. My sound system is not like normal speakers. It has subs and currently it sounds terrible with windows 8 so I am going to try the one that I downloaded from realtek and see how that goes. If I need help then i will reply again. thanks!

Alright, I installed the Realtek drivers and it detects it's an Acer but the audio is still the same, it sounds poor on this computer! Help.

Yes finally. I found the right drivers. Now I need help removing windows 7. Any suggestions???

Hello everyone, I have not yet removed Windows 7 just in case and thank lord I didn't. My sound is amazing in Windows 8 but from time to time, it gets all fuzzy and goes "fzzzz". It's annoying and I used driver from Acer's Download Drivers page. Somebody please help!!!

I found another problem, my brightness doesn't change, whatever I tried to do, whether I press Fn and Right or left, or change it from Windows. It doesn't change. Here are the list of problems that I am having:

Brightness does not change.
Sound fuzzes every now and then.

That's all the problems that I have found. Maybe more, but not yet found! Please help guys. For the sound thing, I think it has gone away but I going to have to wait and see!

I have had a little problem with Realtek in Windows 8/8.1. I finally uninstalled (not disabled) the sound driver and installed this old one You could try it and see if it works for you? In the event, you van always roll back to the original

http://www.filefactory.com/file/7gj3yyyuo8cp/R292450.exe
fwiw. My principal computers are mostly Dell. What I did, was mad a "Dell Drivers" folder. I then went to the trouble of downloading every driver they offered, first with Windows 7 and subsequently with Windows 8 and 8.1. Now, whenever I do a reinstall, or any other mishap, I select the device option to update the driver and browse my computer, including sub folders. Just point it at that folder and away it goes - done.

I have had a little problem with Realtek in Windows 8/8.1. I finally uninstalled (not disabled) the sound driver and installed this old one You could try it and see if it works for you? In the event, you van always roll back to the original

http://www.filefactory.com/file/7gj3yyyuo8cp/R292450.exe
fwiw. My principal computers are mostly Dell. What I did, was mad a "Dell Drivers" folder. I then went to the trouble of downloading every driver they offered, first with Windows 7 and subsequently with Windows 8 and 8.1. Now, whenever I do a reinstall, or any other mishap, I select the device option to update the driver and browse my computer, including sub folders. Just point it at that folder and away it goes - done.

I think my sound problem is fixed, I need to fix the brightness as I mentioned earlier. The brightness does not change at all whether I press FN and Right or Left, or do it from Windows 8. It doesn't change.

Yeah, just leave me behind, I do not care, thanks for not helping me in anyway, HAH. Terminate my account please, this forum is just rubbish. I shouldn't even joined in the first place!

Back
Top Bottom