Windows 7 USB 3 support in windows 7

DonB

I have got v7.2 installed on my machine. All updates for win 7 are installed. Macrium reflect has performed beautifully up until now...
Knowing that my machine is getting a little long in the tooth relative to USB performance, I installed a PCIe USB3 card from StarTech. After installation was complete, I checked the function with a seagate USB3 external backup drive using a large number of photographs. Device manager shows the USB3 hub and drivers installed. The backup ran smoothly at about 70MB/sec. Next, I started up Macrium Reflect on the C: drive and checked for the external drive and it showed to be ready for action. I then proceeded to make a new bootable rescue media DVD. Where the trouble starts is when the machine is booted up with the rescue disc. The machine will not recognize the USB3 drive. I have tried pointing it the the driver location, but to no avail. Is this common? Is Macrium Reflect not able to make a rescue disc that will recognize the USB3 drive? The function of the USB2 ports have not been affected and they work fine.

Someone's help would be appreciated.

I don't use Macrium, but my guess would be the rescue disk doesn't have drivers to support the PCIe card.

Back