Windows 7 USB adapter drivers

Wikket

I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 build 7068 (I think, should be a number around there) and I have a Linksys wusb54g ver. 4 wireless adapter which I cannot get working. I've been googling for about an hour trying various key words and I cannot find a working driver for the life of me. I've tried using some of the vista work arounds like the ralink rt2500 chipset and nothing has worked either.

Anyone have a solution or a suggestion?

I've searched the forum but only came up with 6 seperate threads and none where any help.

I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 build 7068 (I think, should be a number around there) and I have a Linksys wusb54g ver. 4 wireless adapter which I cannot get working. I've been googling for about an hour trying various key words and I cannot find a working driver for the life of me. I've tried using some of the vista work arounds like the ralink rt2500 chipset and nothing has worked either.

Anyone have a solution or a suggestion?

I've searched the forum but only came up with 6 seperate threads and none where any help.
If you are using the Windows 7 64-bit version you are out of luck but if you have installed the 32 Bit of Win 7 Build 7068, (I wished you tried Build 7048 which seems to me from my experience having better hardware compatibility ) you may download from Linksys website the X32 VISTA drivers. The 64 Bit Vista drivers are shown as TBD. Here is the link to Linksys VISTA driver site : Linksys.com - Support/Technical Support/Linksys Windows Vista Support/Download Vista Drivers

Ok I got it working after a lot of digging. Apparently someone found some drivers for Vista 64bit (found a thread on it here and the actual driver Link Removed due to 404 Error). I don't know if the drivers are legit or not, I mean if they where I'd believe Linksys would have them on their website somewhere so I was a bit skeptical at first. But since I have Windows 7 running on a separate hard drive I figured I was relatively safe. I mean worst case scenario I have to reformat and I already have most of my files still backed up from installing Windows 7 itself.

I downloaded the driver, loaded it up manually and now I'm on the internet with Windows 7! Gonna toss my findings this in this thread over here and then disappear into internet obscurity.

Back
Top Bottom