Windows 7 USB Audio crash with LOUD NOISE randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Making stuff up" was perhaps too harsh, but at the same time, some of your comments are "out there" too. "XP remains the OS of choice for audiophile use". Says who?

I don't think it was too harsh, since I didn't mean it in an antagonizing manner.

If something is stated as a fact, and it is not true, then someone somewhere did in fact "make it up." Just telling it like it is, as always.

You just don't get it I suppose. If people are having issues, it's because they are doing something wrong with outdated drivers or software. Or their bios cpu throttling is negatively affecting the audio and causing drops.

I would absolutely enjoy hearing what you believe is the reason I run a perfect setup on my two machines that are ancient at that, compared to today's standards. Please, tell us why my machines are special and work perfectly, as in can't-be-any-better...under Win 7...

Why are my machines so special if Win 7 has issues, please tell?

You just don't get it I suppose. If people are having issues, it's because they are doing something wrong with outdated drivers or software. Or their bios cpu throttling is negatively affecting the audio and causing drops.

I would absolutely enjoy hearing what you believe is the reason I run a perfect setup on my two machines that are ancient at that, compared to today's standards. Please, tell us why my machines are special and work perfectly, as in can't-be-any-better...under Win 7...

Why are my machines so special if Win 7 has issues, please tell?

I don't get it?

You are on here touting yourself as some kind of Win7 guru, "update your drivers", "update your drivers" coming on like the be all and end all of PC service... Yet when a real issue comes along, one that you may or may not have yourself, you start denying that it's real and quite frankly acting like a moron at the mere notion that something could be wrong with your self-declared perfection.

Fer crying out loud man, the goal of a place like this is to help people who do have these problems, not to get all defensive when you find out there is a problem with your beloved Win7. What good do you do anyone if you do nothing but deny, deny deny...

DPC latency has been a problem with windows systems since win2000. 2k and XP are very mature, well developed and stable operating systems in which the issue has been well addressed and is all but gone. Now, suddenly with the switch to the new code base it is back and as you can see from the sheer volume of it on google, it's not a small problem.

Moreover... have you not looked at the volume of complaint right here on this BBS? There tens of thousands of messages from hundreds and hundreds of people having problems with Windows 7 ... do you really want me to believe all these people have brought on their own problems? Just look at all the problems with networking, video, USB and so on... do you really want me to believe that in spite of all this clear evidence Windows 7 is bug free?

What part of this do you not understand?

Don't you dare be calling me a liar just because your insecurities have been tweaked.
IOW... stop being such a pathetic fanboy and Grow Up Already!

GEES!

Last edited:
READ AND LEARN...

dpc latency - Google Search

It goes on for about 30 pages. This is no small issue...
Did you bother to read though any of those links on all those pages of links? If you had READ then you would have LEARNED that this IN NO WAY is limited to Windows 7 or even Windows in general! In fact, so far, I have not found where this is a Windows problem at all. In each case I have found where a solution is presented, it was something other than Windows causing the problem. I note the following from your Google search results.

6735s Sound stutter, high DPC latency - HP Support Forum
The culprit turned out to be ZoneAlarm firewall. I'd heard of people having problems with COMODO firewall, so I tried uninstalling ZoneAlarm and all is well again.

Update on DPC Latency for Alienware M17x Customers
upgrade to BIOS revision A03
uninstall the existing mass storage control driver and install the Windows native mass storage controller driver
install the Alienware wireless card driver

severe-dpc-latency-problem-network-adapter-windows-7-64bit
I think I finally found the source of the problem.

I just did a complete Windows reinstall, and only installed new network adapters and Norton Antivirus 2010. To my amazement, the spikes were still occurring. I uninstalled Norton, and the spikes went away.

I called Norton and they gave me a full refund of my 1-year subscription.

Clicks, Pops, DPC Latency Test and Success
I bought a new video card, swapped it out, and haven't looked back since.

DPC latency and audio dropouts - This is with XP.

I can keep going but so can you. You will find that people using XP and Vista have reported problems and people were able to resolve this by updating their network cards or drivers, uninstalling Comodo, uninstalling utorrent, and all sorts of other causes and solutions.

So by following the links your Google search results, I am further convinced that this is NOT a Windows 7 problem.

You didn't answer why my machines are so special.

Infraction given for "acting like a moron" when all I'm doing is showing that Windows 7 inherently has no issues as described.

Hmmm, it seem much happened when I typing. I guess the topic is closed.

No, the topic isn't closed and can be discussed as much as anyone wants. Thanks for pointing out all the issues that were supposedly to prove that Windows was the issue when in fact, 3rd party software was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom