Windows 10 Usb devices won't work. Help!

Ssipbunhal

So basically I have a Bluetooth mouse. Specifically a Logitech M325 Bluetooth mouse. It stopped working a month ago. I have tried everything. Such as trying to update my drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but none of it has worked. Is there anything else I can do? Is it a problem with my Bluetooth or my USB port. Because wired mouses wont work either! My laptop can't recognize any USB devices, however I can conclude my USB ports are not dead since it can still charge my phone.

A Bluetooth mouse wouldn't use a USB port. Do you mean a wireless mouse with a USB dongle?

The Device Manager lists the devices attached to your computer, grouped into categories. It’s arranged alphabetically, so you should find Universal Serial Bus controllers towards the end of the list.
Expand the list, and look for the USB Host Controller. The device you’re trying to find may have a longer title, but it will feature those three words.

No USB Host Controller? This may explain why your USB device doesn’t work. To fix this, click on the Scan for hardware changes button on the toolbar. This will commence a check of all connected hardware, and in most cases will detect the USB port and anything connected to it.
If this still hasn’t worked, it’s worth taking the time to reinstall the USB Host Controllers. Right click on the USB Host Controller items in turn, and select Uninstall on each. Wait while they’re uninstalled, then reboot your computer.
As Windows restarts, the USB Host Controllers will be automatically reinstalled. This “refresh” can help to fix problems with the USB port.

Regards,
Adrian

The Device Manager lists the devices attached to your computer, grouped into categories. It’s arranged alphabetically, so you should find Universal Serial Bus controllers towards the end of the list.
Expand the list, and look for the USB Host Controller. The device you’re trying to find may have a longer title, but it will feature those three words.

No USB Host Controller? This may explain why your USB device doesn’t work. To fix this, click on the Scan for hardware changes button on the toolbar. This will commence a check of all connected hardware, and in most cases will detect the USB port and anything connected to it.
If this still hasn’t worked, it’s worth taking the time to reinstall the USB Host Controllers. Right click on the USB Host Controller items in turn, and select Uninstall on each. Wait while they’re uninstalled, then reboot your computer.
As Windows restarts, the USB Host Controllers will be automatically reinstalled. This “refresh” can help to fix problems with the USB port.

Regards,
Adrian
Yes I found the USB Host Controller and I've uninstalled and rebooted. But this didn't solve the problem. Is there any other way?

i would assume Microsoft loaded their shit driver in stead of the makers (fully tested to work) one... in which case you prob need power

most laptops have a few lower usb ports and one good one; try puting the mouse into the good port... if that doesn't work then the next best thing is to get a usb (with seperate power) hub

imc I disabled Microsoft updates then disabled bluetooth but thats a bit more effort than most people need
Screenshot (2870).png

When you plug in the dongle is the device detected in Device Manager?
Well when I plug in my wireless mouse it doesn't say anything. However when I plug in an apple mouse it says usb device not recognized device descriptor request failed.

When you plug in the dongle is the device detected in Device Manager?
I think I figured something out. My upper USB port seems to not recognize things, but when I plug in a wired mouse on the bottom port it works. However I've tried multiple wireless mouses and all of them are not able to connect. How can I fix this problem with the wireless mouses.

If they're not detected at all I'd say its the mice or batteries. Do they work on another device?

Occasionally removing the root hub its connected to will resolve issues like this but typically the symptom is no devices work on that root hub. When you plug in the dongle have you looked through the system and application logs for errors relating to the device?

Occasionally removing the root hub its connected to will resolve issues like this but typically the symptom is no devices work on that root hub. When you plug in the dongle have you looked through the system and application logs for errors relating to the device?
I'm not really sure what to look for in my logs, but nothing looks like it relates back to my mouse. However the funny thing is I reset my computer and my wireless mouse started working, however after 5 minutes of use it immediately disabled and I wasn't able to use it again.

Back