USB Mouse

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Hardware' started by imported_PcBoyGeorge, Jun 6, 2009.

1. imported_PcBoyGeorge

Hi,

I have a HP G60-115EM Laptop and i have a usb mouse and keyboard made by hd. I like to use them sometimes. But when i plug the usb device in for the wireless i get a message saying "HID Data has stopped working" then the mouse will not work but the keyboard will... Why?

But the strange thing is. I have 3 usb ports on my laptop. One on the left and two on the right. If i plug the usb adapter in the left the hid data stops working but if i plug it in the 1st one on the right it doesn't and works ok???

Why is this?

2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Not entirely sure but pc's can be the same. If a device fails to work properly in say the front USB ports then you always try the ones at the back Does your mouse come with a driver? You could always check if there's an update if it does..

On the question of USB ports and why some seem to differ I did in fact try to google for an answer but the nearest I got was this..

Difference between front-panel and rear-panel USB ports - Hardware - HP Support Forums

3. Celestra

Celestra Former Moderator

Do you have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000? HP has something wrong with the "HP Quick Play Buttons" Here read these two articles: PC Magazine Discussions - HID DATA has stopped working message (these below might have a better solution)
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1023595.htm

4. imported_PcBoyGeorge

I don't know the model. They just came with a desktop computer my dad got a few years ago.
    Ill try uploading a picture to show you. All i know is that it is hp make.

Also i don't know about driver. It works with plug 'n' play. I just plug it in. It loads a driver or something then i get a HID Data message.

Then i just plug it in and get the message any other time.

Oh and also. I have 3 usb ports. 1 on the left. 2 on the right. But it only works on the one on the right closest to my screen. The one next to it dosent work.

Here are some pics:

Mouse from front:
    [​IMG]

Mouse from back:
    [​IMG]

Adapter to recieve mouse signal front:
    [​IMG]

Back of mouse adapter:
    [​IMG]

By the way im on vista. Im just using a mac theme.

5. imported_PcBoyGeorge

Here are the other pictures i could not get in the other post:

USB Port plugged in:
    [​IMG]

Laptop:
    [​IMG]

HID Message:
    [​IMG]

6. Celestra

Celestra Former Moderator

Hi! his is what HP says about that error: I think I'm right... (Can't always remove documents from HP Library, sorry about thumbnails)

7. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

The only thing I would do in this instance is check HP's website for any updates. I'd also use this utility found here:

http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?ps=UE&lang=en&page=1

It's called Everest. It is a benchmarking and system information tool which also has a free version... You could give it a run and see what it say's...