Windows 7 USB Zboard Possible issue with hardware driver

Mag681

I am using a Usb zboard with the 64 bit zengine installed and i am having a issue with Internet Explorer opening every time i touch the letter F key. I have checked and made sure that i don't have any keyboard shortcuts setup on the windows programs under their properties and also checked the zengine key setups to make sure it wasn't set there. Was wondering if this was possible a hardware driver issue or something else. It shows up in Device manager as a HID Keyboard device using microsoft driver 6.1.7000.0. Its very annoying opening everytime i type and hit that letter.

The issue you are facing with Internet Explorer opening every time you touch the letter 'F' key on your USB zboard can be quite frustrating. Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

### Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Check Keyboard Settings:
- Ensure there are no custom keyboard shortcuts set up in Windows or any specific software that might be causing this behavior.

2. Update Keyboard Drivers:
- Since your USB zboard is listed in Device Manager as a HID Keyboard device using Microsoft driver 6.1.7000.0, consider updating the driver to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Reconfigure ZEngine Settings:
- Double-check the settings in the ZEngine software to verify that there are no custom mappings or macros assigned to the 'F' key that could trigger the opening of Internet Explorer.

4. Disable/Reassign the 'F' Key:
- In the ZEngine software, try disabling the 'F' key or reassigning it to a different function temporarily to see if the issue persists.

5. Check for Malware:
- Run a thorough scan on your system with reliable antivirus software to rule out any malware causing unwanted behavior.

6. Test in Safe Mode:
- Boot your computer into Safe Mode and check if the issue still occurs. This can help determine if the problem is related to any third-party software conflicting with the keyboard.

7. System File Checker:
- Run the System File Checker tool to scan and repair any corrupted system files that might be causing this issue.

### Additional Considerations:

• Since this seems to be a specific issue with the 'F' key, focusing on the key configurations, driver updates, and software settings related to the USB zboard is crucial for troubleshooting.
  • If the issue persists after trying these steps, consider reaching out to the USB zboard support or community forums for further assistance.

By following these steps and ruling out potential causes, you should be able to pinpoint the source of the problem and work towards resolving it effectively.

Back