Windows 7 user profile won't accept log in

bosshog22

User profile will not accept log in. I have never set up a password, but windows has my account as administrator. Cpu was configured for home use.Have had this cpu for 2yrs and never run into this problem! Dell optiplex 745. Windows 7 pro. Please inform-

Thanks

System says User profile service failed the log on. User profile can not be loaded. Exact words. What i don't understand is that only my profile won't load. I'm using my daughters profile just fine. Strange?? Thanks RussoM5-

Before I can go on, I need a couple of answers from you.....
1. Do you have another admin account besides the one which you cannot log on ?
2. Is your daughter's account an admin account ?
3. If you go to Safe Mode, how many accounts are listed in the login screen ?

Davidhk129, I do not have another admin account. Daughters account is standard. My IT help from work configured cpu for home use. He had admin privileges. Did my account lock somehow? How do you go into Safe Mode? Thanks-

To boot into Safe Mode, turn off your PC. Then, turn it on, and repeatedly press F8 on your keyboard until you are greeted with a screen that asks what mode you want to boot in. Select Safe Mode and try to login from there.

d
Davidhk129, I do not have another admin account. Daughters account is standard. My IT help from work configured cpu for home use. He had admin privileges. Did my account lock somehow? How do you go into Safe Mode? Thanks-

In Safe Mode how many accounts are listed there ?
Do you see an account listed as Administrator ?
If yes, you are very lucky.
Please post back what you see in safe mode.

Without a working admin, nothing can be done except re-installing Win 7.

However, if your IT person does have the admin rights, then....
take it to you IT person, ask him, using his admin rights, create another admin account for you.
Make sure the new admin account is working properly. If satisfied, ask your IT person to transfer the files you want to keep to your new admin.
Finally, delete the old admin account. It's no good to you.

Last word of advice. It is important to have 2 admin accounts, one as a standby for situation such as this.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's safe mode or not, but when windows starts i see my daughter's profile and mine next to each other. However, her name is highlighted with a box and mine is not. Could my profile have been completely erased? Also, when i go to user accounts to try to make changes it asks for admin password under my name but i never had to use one. So frustrating!! Thanks-

I don't know if it's safe mode or not, but when windows starts i see my daughter's profile and mine next to each other. However, her name is highlighted with a box and mine is not. Could my profile have been completely erased? Also, when i go to user accounts to try to make changes it asks for admin password under my name but i never had to use one. So frustrating!! Thanks-

No, your account is not erased. Yours is corrupted.

Right now you don't have a working admin account.

Your options are the ones I stated in my last reply.

Back