Users Complain Abount Buggy Windows 7 SP1

I have replied to another post about the new Windows 7 service pack. And I am of the opinion that I do not think that Windows 7 users need it.

As Windows 7 is a very new operating system and has been out for about two years. Which is quite a long time,and also Windows 7 offers easy upgrades from Windows 7 Starter and Windows 7 Home Premium to higher editions, Professorial and Ultimate.

But even if you do not upgrade Windows 7 comes pre-installed with all of the software you need and you can also add your own software. Such as media players,chat messengers and web browsers. As well as open source office software for creating documents, if you do not want to use Microsoft office, for example.

And it is true that a lot of Windows software is made for Windows XP and Vista or even for Windows 2000 or Windows 95. But that is only because it was brought out a few years ago, before Windows 7 came along. But most of this software DOES work in Windows 7,I find.

Also I have a Netbook, so it would not be practical to install the service pack,as it will take up a lot of space. And most of the software in the service pack I will never use,and it is the case with most other people.

But you do not have to have the service pack as Windows 7 runs fine without it,and has been since it was brought out.

So the answer is simple. If you don't want to install the service pack,don't. You do not need it. Andrea Borman.

The service pack really contained no new earth breaking software, what it did though is bring every thing that needed a fix up to date. I would highly recommend installing the SP1
There is a way to remove all the backup files it creates using the CMD function (this has also been posted before) This Package really needs to be installled by those that do not keep their computer update using Micro$oft update function.
Here is the instructions for removing all the fbackup files created by SP1

Remember you cannot uninstall SP1 after using this tip
How to cleanup old hot fix information after installing SP1 (cleanup tool)
Once Service Pack 1 is installed you may opt to remove old information regarding old hot fixes and the SP1 un-installation tool as well. Note that if you perform this step you can NEVER remove SP1! It may behoove you to keep a full image pre SP1 backup of your system if you ever want to go back

On most systems you should expect between 500MB and 1.5GB of space recovered by running this program. To run you must launch a command prompt with Administrator privileges, then execute the following command:

[FONT=&quot]dism /online /cleanup-image /spsuperseded[/FONT]

Back