Windows 7 Using two sets of speakers for audio output?

Kylethedarkn

Hello. I am trying to connect to sets of speakers to my computer. My sound card has multiple outputs, and I get all speakers to output with the test option in playback devices, but I can't actually make anything use all 4 speakers, they only use the two front speakers. I would like both speakers to play the same audio in unison, so if anybody has a solution it would be greatly appreciated!

Typically you can have only one "set" of speakers connected to a system at a time. Most mobo's and sound card's only have one input section, it may have multi-ports but it's still just the one input section. There may be an adapter to connect to split the input panel into 2 but I've not seen one.

Your only option is to get a 5.1 surround speaker setup if you want use more than two speakers.

As a work around and I don't suggest doing it, but you could splice the 2nd set of speakers to the the first set by cutting the wires directly and attaching the 2nd set that way. I did this back in the late 70's and early 80's before there was surround sound to get 4 speakers working.

Ah, I gotcha. I think the splitter is probably my best bet in that case. It's interesting that the sound card has so many output but can only take one input at a time. Thanks for all the help!

Back