Windows 10 Various BSOD errors

VSON

Hello,

I have a Latitude E5450 laptop running Windows 10 with the latest updates. Recently I have started getting the blue screen of death very often (several times a day) with various errors.

I did all the hardware diagnostic possible (memtest, CPU, GPU,..), all were passed. I even tried the repair install but it always crashed midway.

I suspect it is pool corruption, here are my dump files to inspect

Note: I could not upload dumps because it large (though it only 5MB!?), nor can I insert the links..., any suggestion?May I send you the upload via message?

Thank you,

Last edited:
Hi,
apologies about the upload issue I'll try and find out why this is. If you can upload them in two lots? Also you might be able to post a link after your first post (it was a feature enabled because of spammers) so if you upload them to a file sharing site i can access them that way too.

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply in my topic:

But it is strange that I still cannot post the link after I have 1 post:

The following error occurred:
Sorry, you were not able to save since the content contained a link

For this Forum, before you can create content with links, you must first meet the minimum requirements

Minimum Requirements
The number of posts you have created must exceed: 1 (Yours: 1)
The number of Likes you've received must exceed: -1 (Yours: 0)
The Like:post Ratio must exceed: -1% (Yours: 0%)
The number of days you have been registered must exceed: -1 (Yours: 0)

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 44, {ffffe0011f315ca0, 22f0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+22466 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
you have a number of different bugchecks. Some blame the Intel processor driver and I see at one time you must have run the driver verifier as it caught a driver:
Apfiltr.sys Mon Oct 05 07:50:33 2015: Alps pointing device. Perhaps related to your machine?

The above bugcheck can mean that one driver is covering the tracks of another meaning it's tough to find. Looking over your drivers in general though I can see that later versions are available on your system support page. I can't see if the chipset driver is installed (which may relate to your processor driver). Please go through your support page and apply the updates to every section. (I can also see your audio Realtek driver seems missing too)
Product Support | Dell US

Once you've installed the updates please run these scans:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

If the bsod's continue we'll go onto run the driver verifier again but first do make sure you have a system recovery disk/usb as the verifier can cause a bsod loop on start up.

Post any new dump files.

update.png
Sorry, I was too busy so could not reply this topic
After all struggle, I decided to reset/removing apps this morning, and ran updates as you can see in the picture.

After that, I ran sfc /scannow, but windows always crashed midway, I even do the dism restore health but the BSODs still happened?
The computer keep crashed randomly, without any reasons and I don't even install anything much yet.

Here are my newest dump file after I reset windows:

Regards,

Attachments

• 6.zip
    690.8 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
Code:

BugCheck 1A, {61948, 1312d2, 1, 1312d2}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+32a9f )

Hi,
out of the dump files sent you had various bugchecks possibly caused by a faulty system service, Bios, NTFS issues, Device driver and memory management. The fact you had so many different bugchecks can sometimes be indicative of a hardware fault but testing will or at least should prove either way.
Your bios is currently A11 and your support page has an 'urgent' update of A12. You may want to consider updating especially as you had a related bugcheck (Bugcheck A).
BiosVendor = Dell Inc.
BiosVersion = A11
BiosReleaseDate = 11/18/2015
SystemManufacturer = Dell Inc.
SystemProductName = Latitude E5450

Bugcheck 24 is NTFS issues, please run a chkdsk:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

Try running the SFC scan again especially if DISM worked.

If the bsod continues test your RAM.
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

If the memory test is passed then you'll need to run the driver verifier. First however you'll need to create a recovery disk/USB as the verifier can cause a bsod loop on start up. You can use the recovery media to boot from and enter safe mode to turn the verifier off. Hopefully the culprit will have been caught on the dump file.
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

Post any new dump files.

The BIOS was released today after my post, I did not realize that, thank you.

I will use this post to update the results of tests you suggested earlier, you can reply after all tests are done.

chkdsk:

Checking file system on D:
Volume label is DATA.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.

Chkdsk was executed in scan mode on a volume snapshot.

Checking file system on C:
Volume label is OS.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.

Since it is a SSD, I don't think that it will failed so soon, just my opinion.

UPDATE#1: SFC

I tried to ran SFC 2 times but it crashed midway, then I did it in safemode, the results are okay:

Here are the crashed during sfc, I will run memtest86 now and will return to you.

UPDATE#2: memtest86
I ran memtest for 12hrs, no errors

UPDATE#3: Driver verifier.
I ran the verifier but it crashed too soon, before the windows was loaded, I have to disable the verifier in safe mode.

That is all I have through so far, hope the information helps!

Regards,

Attachments

• sfccrash.zip
    135.1 KB · Views: 319
  • 7.zip
    335.6 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
Here are the newest crashed:

I noticed that sometimes the clock on the windows jump forward after restarting when crashed,so I checked the clock on Bios, it also wrong. and I have to correct it through date and time setting in windows.

From my experiences, the BSODs would probably happened if I started to open browsers (edge, ff) right after windows log on, hence, I have to wait for like 2-3 minute after log in before I can proceed anything.Even so, BSODs happened while I just using browsers, and sometimes, after restart, it occur when log on (the are various errors but I the most frequency ones is critical_process_died).

I haven't installed any apps yet, so it may be not fully approach the situation but can narrow downs the possibility.

Attachments

• 8.zip
    646.9 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Code:

BugCheck 9C, {0, fffff8005fdd7ba0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : intelppm.sys ( intelppm!MWaitIdle+18 )

Hi,
you have a number of dump files like the above blaming the Intel processor driver. If you also look at the driver verifier screen you kindly posted (well done by the way) you can see that the verifier detected a driver violation: intelpcc.sys.

IntelPcc.sys Fri Sep 05 00:05:04 2014: IntelHSWPcc driver/Intel Collaborative Processor Performance Control (CPPC) Driver

Now looking through your support section the only driver I can find which looks related to the above is this:

driver.JPG

Please update.

Can you run the Intel diagnostic for Intel chips please:
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

Hello,
I have update the driver as well as all other drivers that were released a couple of day ago (it is really coincidence with the time I decided to reset the PC though, what a sad). Since the drivers were updated, do I need to run driver verifier again?
And this is the result of chips test:
cpuintel.png

Since the drivers were updated, do I need to run driver verifier again?

Did you update the driver i highlighted though? Your last dump file shows it as being a 2014 version whereas the new update is dated 2016.

Also when you update these drivers do you first uninstall the original or do you just install over the top?

I did update the driver you highlighted but the Intel Collaborative Processor Performance Control and Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Processor are two different drivers:
upload_2016-3-31_13-33-57.png

And as you suspect, I just installed new drivers over the top without uninstall the old ones, do I need to first uninstall the original and install new one after?

Intel Collaborative Processor Performance Control and Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Processor are two different drivers:

I looked again and found it under 'System Utilities' on the support page, sorry about the confusion.

You should always remove the original driver first in whatever you update otherwise it can lead to conflicts.

I have to go out but will be back in a few hours.

You should always remove the original driver first in whatever you update otherwise it can lead to conflicts.
It seem your advise does not work this time, at first I uninstall the old driver from Device Manager:
upload_2016-3-31_17-0-40.png

then I installed the new downloaded driver:
upload_2016-3-31_17-1-25.png

But I got this message:
upload_2016-3-31_17-1-51.png

After that I have to restart PC and the old driver reinstalled automatically, I decided to installed new drivers over the top, it's ok:
upload_2016-3-31_17-3-34.png

After finished, it appear that the "old" version and the "new" ones are the same 1.0.0.10.18:

upload_2016-3-31_17-7-15.png

You can see the driver version are 1.0.0.1018, as you can see in the dell support website have same version too. Though the date is 2014. I strongly believe that I installed the newest driver provided by Dell.

My newest BSODs after install new driver also attached:

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-31_16-52-5.png
    upload_2016-3-31_16-52-5.png
    853.3 KB · Views: 724
  • upload_2016-3-31_16-53-54.png
    upload_2016-3-31_16-53-54.png
    211 KB · Views: 352
  • upload_2016-3-31_16-54-36.png
    upload_2016-3-31_16-54-36.png
    217.2 KB · Views: 326
  • upload_2016-3-31_17-6-39.png
    upload_2016-3-31_17-6-39.png
    320.4 KB · Views: 449
  • 10.zip
    156.6 KB · Views: 296
I just got a new BSOD, this time it is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION dxgmms2.sys"

Attachments

• 033116-4406-01.dmp
    313.4 KB · Views: 313
Code:

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8001840b0a0, ffffd00020b7d430, 0}

Probably caused by : dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VidSchiProfilePerformanceTick+180 )

---------
Hi,
the above dump file as well as others sent can be caused by graphic drivers. Please use the Display driver uninstaller to remove your currently installed driver. This will also remove any old bits of driver left behind by previous installs:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V15.7.5.3 Released. - Wagnardmobile Forum

Install your most up to date driver from the support site:

Also please check under the advanced power options if 'Hybrid sleep' is enabled.
Post any new dump files.

I have cleaned the old display driver and installed the new download from Dell and NVIDIA page, there are many crashed midways. In addition, my clock jump forward after restarting.

Here are the dumps:

Attachments

• 11.zip
    559.1 KB · Views: 316
Code:

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff802ff7d22ea, ffffd00023d6ee10, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!NtQueryKey+68 )

Hi,
pretty much the same type of dump files which mean either pool corruption or gpu driver issues.

When you installed the gpu drivers I meant install only the drivers found on the support page. Do not update using a driver from any other site other than Dell. I'm not sure this will make any difference but it's worth a try.

How did you originally come by Windows 10? Did you upgrade or did the machine come with Windows 10 preinstalled?

If you originally upgraded then I strongly suggest you try a clean install. If Windows 10 came preinstalled can you return to factory defaults?

The fact that your date is changing especially if it's changing in the bios too usually means that the Bios battery is failing. I cannot say for certain whether this is the case for you or not. Is the machine still under warranty? If it is then I would consider giving Dell a call and explain the situation.

I had a look on your support page to see if there was anything you could use in a diagnostic sense and apparently there is. Try checking the machine over and see what pops up (I think the full test takes 40mins):

Other things to try.
I know you tested the RAM for 15hrs but sometimes it can be a case where memtest86 will still miss errors. One thing you could try is running on one stick of RAM at a time. If the machine bsod's, make a note which stick it is and try another. Keep doing this until you find one which doesn't bsod. If they all bsod then that doesn't really prove anything and we're back to square one.

I am very grateful that you stay up with me until now.

For the test on Dell website, I gave it a try sometimes, but the results are all passes. I will do this one more time.

I bought this laptop on early November 2015 with Windows 7 Pro installed when 1st booting.
Then I immediately upgrade to Windows 10. During the Christmas, I upgrade the OS to Build 10586.
Nothing really happen until mid January, the BSODs started occur very intense (I suspect it was the results of some certain updates, though cannot concluded).
I endured it because of busy works. I was not until those Easter that I really invest for it through fully.
As mentioned above, I reset the PCs on this Tuesday - removing apps but kept files. It seem the original windows 7 had lost after 1 month.
But the BSODs still occurs as you can see in the last 2 days. Now there are some options available for me now:

1) Truly reset the PCs, it means remove everything, include apps and files.
2) The laptop came along with a Windows 8.1 installation disk, I can use it. (That is a laugh since my laptop doesn't have a DVD reader, furthermore the original OS is Windows 7, but on the disk it write that the OS is already installed on my computer)
3) Retrieve the product key of this Windows and try to clean install Windows 7. But I don't know if the product key of my original Win 7 and current Win 10 are the same. On the other hand, I read it somewhere that the product key are store on the server so as long as I don't change my computer, it still valid.

What about your opinions?

Back