Windows 7 Various BSOD stop errors

ic3yt0uch

My PC will not stop BSODing and I can't figure out why. At first I thought it was the antivirus but I've since got a new one and it's still doing it. I have a few dump files attached that might help.

Attachments

• dmpf.rar
    111.9 KB · Views: 183
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa800bf5b270, ffff, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+35084 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
you have a number of different bugchecks which are either caused by failing RAM or a buggy driver. Bugcheck 1A means a fatal memory management error occurred. Two of your dump files were like the above along with a bugcheck 50 and Bugcheck 19 both of which can be memory related.
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away (you'll see errors outlined in red.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

If Memtest comes back with no errors then you need to run the driver verifier and post the resulting dump file:
How do I fix a Blue Screen in Windows using Driver Verifier?

Post any new dump files

Thanks for the reply, I've been running memtest for 2 and a half hours and it says I have about 84000 errors on about 1.5 passes. I assume that's what you meant by an obvious problem?

Hi,
yes unfortunately your RAM is faulty. If it's a dual channel kit I'd just replace both sticks or RMA them depending on warranty status.

Hi,
yes unfortunately your RAM is faulty. If it's a dual channel kit I'd just replace both sticks or RMA them depending on warranty status.
Okay, so you'd recommend buying 2 new RAM sticks seeing as they are dual channel?

Well ultimately it depends on how many sticks are in your system. If you only have two sticks then simply replace them both.

Back
Top Bottom